Moog DFAM

anyone received their DFAM, any opinions

Yes. So far it sounds really good, with a wide sweet spot. Very easy to dial in a nice groove with subtle ghost notes. Great sample fodder either as a loop or for individual hits.

Itā€™s expensive but it is immediate and sounds great.

2 Likes

Still waiting, could be today, could be next weekā€¦

Mineā€™s delayed, itā€™ll be another month before I see it.

so very true :slight_smile:

1 Like

great!
just what I wanted to hear
It has come at a good time for me as I have just built a small modular purely for percussion and I see the DFAM on bassline duties.

Hi all, I donā€™t know much about CV. Actually I know little to nothing. I have a DFAM coming and Iā€™m wondering how I can sync clock to it from either of the following. A4, RYTM, OT, all MKIIā€™s

Thanks

Iā€™m really curious why thereā€™s no midi in the unit and how u guys plan on working around that.

Would be beautiful to sequence it with the DT.

I hear u can sync it to a mother 32 tho so to get an external clock sent to the DFAM do u need some type of modular/semi modular synth or something.

Kind of eyeing that new Behringer Neutron.

I really wanna get one but if I have to sample everything from it just get stuff to fit to a pattern that would be kind of frustrating

1 Like

IYour Rytm should have din sync out. If the dfam has a clock input and a run input you can use one of these cables.

The dfam has a run / stop and a adv / clock, these look like outputs though. Someone on here might know more on whether those can be used.

1 Like

Doesnā€™t look like it has DIN Sync

In the settings, you can set the thrus for DIN sync, but Iā€™m using one of the thrus and the setting option does not allow independent settings. If you adjust the thrus for DIN it changes both of them, and since Iā€™m using one of the thrus for other Elektron devices it wont work for me.

One is midi thru and the other is midi out, they do both have independent settings so if your not using one of them you can set it to din syncā€¦

2 Likes

itā€™s great to know it is possible to tempo sync ā€¦ now all i need is a Rytm and a D-Fam. Possibly an Eloquencer, and a range of other cool obscure Euroracking glittering gadget componentry to send mod info oscillations. Too much fun! Something to work towards i guess.

1 Like

with the cable mentioned above, patch the red 3.5 mm into the DFAM RUN/STOP and the black into the DFAM ADV/CLOCK. I think that should work. I sync Pamelas New Workout from my Pyramid in that way, you may just need to experiment with the din sync settings on Rytm. The sync is as tight as a fishes arse.

Red = Start / Stop
Black = Clock

1 Like

What I am saying is that on my RYTM MKII Iā€™m using one midi out and one mid thru. Iā€™m using the config you gave me Mike for the OT, A4 and RYTM. Both my thru ports and midi out on the A4 are used as well. On the RYTM, The options for Thru in the menu change both thru outputs. Meaning, if I set the thru port function on the RYTM to DIN 24 or 48, it affects both thru midi ports. Thereā€™s not a separate option for Mid Thru A and B from what I can see.

The ARmk2 does not have 2 midi thru portsā€¦ It has 1 midi in, 1 midi out, and 1 midi thruā€¦
Each of the thru and the out can be configured to din sync independentlyā€¦

I though from the setup advice JuanSolo and I gave you were only using ARā€™s midi in and thru but not the out, maybe you connected something elseā€¦ :thinking:

1 Like

Yes you are correct, Iā€™m an idiot. I have the Midi out on the AR available.

2 Likes

Can the ARMK2 make these types of sounds? Iā€™m hoping soā€¦

1 Like

yeah letĀ“s hope for DFAM machine on the AR :smiley: just 2 free running oscilators and a noise that can manipulate each other. And fming the filter with oscilator / noise would be a welcome addition too (also for the A4)

1 Like

I donā€™t have an ARMK2 so I donā€™t know.