Moog DFAM

Isn’t this going to cause phase cancelation as frequency sum together? (Genuinely curious and not sure if it would… been thinking of putting 2 mono synths into DT too)

No idea😊but it’s worth a shot.

It’s clunky, not always intuitive, but it’s funky and surprisingly deep. It’s definitely part of the Mother’s appeal.

2 Likes

Just like me.

1 Like

:blush:

32 or TR8s is a conundrum, but I may lean to the mother 32 for integration with dfam.

Retailer says two weeks… meh. Think they’re serving Sweden first, haha… guess I‘ll survive.

We’ll believe it when we see it. I haven’t got mine yet😊

Anyone planning to integrate the DFAM with their modular?
I was thinking that MI Grids a drum pattern generator might be cool to create bass lines with that sit nicely with a solid kick of course. Or Numeric Repetitor or which I don’t have yet ;/
Guess there is plenty of possibilities like always.

Thursday.

Dealer just called.

Though he did add: “We’re not sure how many we’re getting. And you’re second in line. So you never know. But it’s likely, you’ll get one.”

Yeah I have the same type of response from the place I ordered from. It’s like maybe we will have enough

1 Like

It’s always like this with Moog, at least over here. You just don’t know until the shipment’s arrived. I’m gonna call it part of the excitement and pretend I like it :slight_smile:

Perfect circuit day coming soon still. They told me maybe mid March.

Musicstore in Germany told me the 16th of March , waiting patiently …

so I woke up to a nice surprise today - dealer email saying they got 3 pieces now.
and it’s my studio day… I got on my bicycle and got one at the store. I’m tweaking as we speak. :star_struck:

8 Likes

Dude! Same here. I’m on the bus right now😊

5 Likes

Be good to hear how you guys are going to sync it. I’ve just been sampling it to OT which is fine but missing out on the tweakery

I’m gonna run it live into the OP-1 for starters, then we’ll just take it from there.

i slaved it to the mother. (mother gate out -> dfam adv / clock)
and mother gets midi clock from whatever.

EDIT: for a regular trigger pulse use the assignable output: setting 2.
but the gate out variety is almost more fun.

Right. My first go at the DFAM. These are only a string of patterns I put together directly from the DFAM, with its own sequencer. Not a song, really, just a few experiments on what it can do.

5 Likes