Monomachine vs digitone

Not worth selling the mm and ot just to get the ot 2.

Try sequencing the mono via the ot and change up the channels and midi, can get some great randomness.

2 Likes

I hear you, the digitone was a sugar hit for me. Id rather buy another monomachine over the digitone.

2 Likes

I basically just want an upgrade/refresh as my OT is getting a little old. I guess I could just get a new OT mk1ā€¦ but those velvety mk2 buttons!!

1 Like

OT mk2 is pretty cool. But not worth selling a Monomachine. You would regret such decision.

4 Likes

Love seeing the Monomachine love, especially some of the nods towards the more unusual sound design of Buchla, etc. I was going through a bad phase of Ciat-Lonbarde Plumbutter 2 lust (an unusual ā€˜drum and drama machineā€™ box) around the time I was starting to really explore the Monomachine. Then I saw some YouTube video or read a tip about using the Monomachineā€™s arp on a BBOX drum track and somehow through using that and all the other available sound settings (filters, delays, retrigs), I ended up at place that more than satisfied my itch for ā€˜unusual sounds from unusual boxesā€™.

1 Like

Same.

I feel like now that I have an OT MK2 to sequence it with, I could get over my sequencing gripes I had with my two previous MMs.

That neighbor routing is so wondrous.

2 Likes

I want one too. I WANT :rofl:

1 Like

One of my all time fav Elektron videos. Strangely enough, I bought the A4 instead.
Still waiting for new uploads of this guy

12 Likes

Oh yeah! I watched that on repeat before I got my first MnM

2 Likes

You had more then one?

Sound-wise you can get quite fast results with the Digitone, but than there is almost nothing to explore further. No mystery, no journeys into the unknown. Itā€™s the exact opposite of a ā€œdeepā€ machine with endless possibilities.

But, of course, if you need instant gradifications, itā€™s the perfect machine (look mum, Iā€™m the best sound designer of the galaxy).

2 Likes

Made this one with MM and Rytm.

The neighbor routing, trig, and LFO scheme was complex enough that I couldnā€™t recreate it if I tried. And I wonder what kind of voodoo Iā€™d have to invoke to get my Digitone talking this language.

12 Likes

my mam doesnā€™t care for my sound design :meh:

4 Likes

crazy and impressive

Sorry guys, that was not my intent :joy:

But tell your banker itā€™s all my fault.

4 Likes

At separate times, yes

1 Like

It took me a very long time to realize, that it works best for me, to have just one Elektron in my place. It took me a very short time to decide, that that one should be the Monomachine :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I think I may have said this already, but in my current state of ā€œi have more hardware than good ideas and would rather be travelingā€, I do think of ditching a lot of gear. But Monomachine is 100% on the ā€˜keepā€™ pile. The idea knocking around my head is I could strip down to just that and a couple of other things, and do the rest in software as I kindof want to get back into DSP programmingā€¦ maybe.

But then things go ā€œIf I keep Monomachine, I should keep Machinedrum. And Octatrack really helps tie the room together. And I should give the A4 and Digitone more chances. And this other thingā€¦ And this other thingā€¦ And this other thingā€¦ā€ and then I keep it all. :tongue:

But if I really do end up stripping it down to only one, itā€™ll be Monomachine. So many synthesis options, and it keeps them fun.

2 Likes

Whoa! Thatā€™s quite the dilemma! Iā€™m following each argument down and think to myself- ā€œof course- naturallyā€

What made my decision ā€œeasyā€ was wanting to keep things computer focused, so as much as I loved the MDUW- it had to go- similar to the OT and MnM(though- that decision was made prior to my computer focus, but that would be the case today)- still love the MDUW, though- despite us being partedā€¦

1 Like

Had a mono once but didnā€™t have the time to explore as needed. Only way I could afford one would be a trade against my mduw. But the MD is along other stuff my sampling input for the rytm mk1 :frowning: so I wonā€™t let it go.
Would love to be forced to just use one machine, I.e. the mono!!

:slight_smile: