Monomachine + Volca Drum Midi Bug?

Well, the Monomachine has 6 Midi Tracks, and the Volca Drum 6 tracks. It seems some designer at Korg has a Monomachine at home, because it’s so obvious fitting.

I configured the drum to listen to midi ch1-ch6 - because I want to use a lot of cc.

Yet, I have a bug where I think I’m with stupid. I guess it’s the Monomachine. I try to explain.

If I sequence the drum with the MnM, then the first time after power up the drum is producing only on one audio channel sound. Left or right. Never stereo!

Lets say I sequence on channel 1 and sending notes to the drum.
Left audio channel only (or right - it depends on random god). Yay. Reset the drum, stereo channel output!
Then I sequence to channel 2. Right channel, while channel 1 plays in stereo. wtf?
Reset drum - both in stereo.

I need to power cycle the drum, then it works. I tested it with headphones, to be sure it’s not the MnM audio inputs.

If I sequence the drum from Digitone or Deluge, it works from first boot up in stereo.

I have no idea what could be the error, and I’m scratching my head.
I never had such a beautiful bug, it’s something I can’t grasp. I guess it’s the Monomachine Midi.
What else could it be? I changed all cables, I can reproduce this abomination.

Any ideas what could be the issue?

Does anyone has a Monomachine and a volca drum and could test this?

Are you somehow accidently sending the midi cc for pan to the volca drum?

1 Like

I‘m sure, I‘m not. All cc unconfigured. Atm I only sent notes. Maybe can check the midi output from MM with a debugger today night.

Sequencer and encoders are set to int? Not ext or int+ext?

1 Like

I will take a closer look into this!
Maybe this could be.
Thank you - I will give feedback.