Monomachine Navigation Issue [fault?]

Hi all,

First time poster, recent convert to Elektron via the monomachine - which I love!

I’ve encountered a bug which for the moment renders my machine unusable. Have created a support ticket as well…

The navigation keys start glitching so that everything automatically scrolls right and you can’t select left. This makes it impossible to save files or rename, or do any task that involves navigation. I have tried soft reset which hasn’t helped.

Don’t know what to do and weirdly haven’t seen this occur on any other post before, doesn’t appear to be a known glitch.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Is your monomachine used? Does it happen as soon as you turn the machine on? This doesn’t sound really like a bug, sounds like something may be broken.

3 Likes

Yep i think so too. Something is fishy there. Broken Keys maybe.

Certainly sounds like a stuck or dirty button contact rather than a bug.

2 Likes

Thanks for all your help, the mono is used, I’ve had it now for about a year and a half now.

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head, if I pinch the right key with my fingers and wiggle it up, it stops it from happening. I guess this is a temporary workaround rather than a permanent fix. Guess the machine would need to be opened up to stop this from happening.

Honestly, such a relief, thanks for your guys help!

1 Like

intersted in how this one develops and resolves. purely narcissistically in case it happens to me.

in no way am i recommending you try this but before opening it up an option could be compressed air in the button cavity? but where that moves whatever is causing the clog is anyones guess. was it from a smokey studio?

Hi Waftlord,

If the issues persist I’ll try compressed air before opening it up and update you on the thread! I’m naively hoping that my wiggling the button should be a good enough solution in practice, but will have to wait and see.

It wasn’t from a smokey studio no, it’s in great condition still.

It could very well be a little piece of dirt indeed. When opening be very very careful with the encoders. You won’t be the first to snap one off if you’re not careful. On the old forum there are some threads on this, mostly dealing with Machine Drum encoders, but to my knowledge those are the same as in the Monomachine. Hopefully someone can chime in on this with some better insights than me.

5411201233_804088ae83

Thanks Moo, that’s good to know. I’m really not too keen on opening it up unless I need to. Got a very real fear that I may well end up breaking the pots as the knobs are clasped on so tight.

No, it’s rather easy to do. You just have to be cautious, be careful to pull very vertically the encoders caps and then remove the faceplate.

The encoders are hold on by 2 small bits of plastic. If I would venture to open it up I wanna be sure I have some spare encoders just in case. Ideally replacements that are not using 2 small plastic bits but metal. And yeah, try to pull them up as slowly and straight as possible without applying any force if you can. Slowly and gently.

1 Like