Monomachine MKII not getting input from Analog Heat?

Hello, I’m having an issue with the thru machine on my Monomachine. I am trying to use the thru machine to incorporate my Digitakt and Analog Heat, since I don’t have a mixer right now. However, I get no sound at all when I put the Analog Heat into the Monomachine input and direct it to the thru machine.

The Digitakt alone works fine, as do a few other pieces of equipment. It’s when the Heat is introduced that there’s an issue. I have tried every combination possible of inputs to outputs, mono and stereo cables, checking all settings thoroughly. I also had both the Monomachine and the Analog Heat sent in to Elektron and both came back with a clean bill. Any suggestions?

It may seem basic, but on the MnM have you put down any trigs to open up the Thru machines amp envelope? Alternatively, could one of your pieces of gear be sending a CC message to the Heat that’s turning the volume down?

Yes I tried setting down some trigs with atk 0 hold 0 dec 127 rel 127. This should pass through the sound without affecting it per the manual. But did not fix issue

I don’t think it’s a CC message issue either as I haven’t been connecting the Heat with MIDI to anything

That’s a tough one! It’s hard to imagine it being anything other than a hardware issue, have you tried swapping the cables that go from Heat to MnM? I imagine the Heat works fine if you’re sending the signal somewhere other than the MnM?

set hold to 127

edit: meant hold, not dec

This. Hold needs to be above 0.

The other thing to check for is that the output buss for the thru machine (AB/CD/EF) is the one you intended.

I appreciate everyone’s suggestions - I do have it working now! I guess with so many variables I wasn’t careful enough about trying every option. The routing that is working for me: Digitakt -> Analog Heat -> stereo from phone out to MonoMachine input A. Then busses routed correctly, and a single trig on the first note of each page with atk 0 hold 127 dec 127 rel 127

Do you have something else plugged into input B on the MnM? Why not run the DT and AH stereo to really utilize all it’s crazy powers?