Monomachine Love Thread

Anyone on the east coast replace mk1 encoders?

I should have gotten a monomachine years ago.

14 Likes

Hi monofriends (: , still learning about this machine. Is there any reason why you’d want to set the knob resolution to 32?

1 Like

Faster swipes of parameters

4 Likes

ahh got it! thanks

Didn’t require any special subject-matter knowledge so I just had my local trusted amp/synth person in Seattle swap em out. Much easier than shipping to their facility in California.

Fresh from the master:

(With project files as usual :wink: )

5 Likes

The first time I hear anything like that from MnM. Any external effect or was it just plain output??

1 Like

Thanks! Only a crappy Behringer reverb pedal on the output. Otherwise all Monomachine in its digital rage.

mini mono jam

2 Likes

2 Likes

Anyone have an issue with the LEVEL knob glitching/being erratic in song edit mode? For years the LEVEL knob on my mnm appears to work fine except in song edit mode (even after servicing). Example: trying to change the REP from 4 to 6, instead a slight adjustment goes from 4 to 18 or 26

hadn’t seen. enjoyed. wouldn’t mind hearing a version with non youtube golden era compression. @darenager still got/miss your mnm?

odd question but has anyone delved into the SFX6 pcb and where/how the joystick attaches internally, and is it midi internally or a different protocol?

and if a joystick mod is possible on a 60…? :no_mouth:

i know this question is lunacy when you can midi one in, but this vid got me jealous of the track switching and all that instant performance control.

in my naive head it’s as simple as running a few wires out the box to the x & y connections on a little clip on joystick.
prepared to be humiliated.

1 Like

I would just try to locate a joystick-to-DIN MIDI and configure for whatever midi CC you wish to control.

Surprised there aren’t more commercial options, but also not surprised.

There are some CV joysticks for Euro or USB (like the enjoy), but i’m not finding much plain MIDI.

yeah done this and great fun, more interested in permanent brutal fixture. wipe a few K off the value :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the post, I no longer have mine, I do miss it from time to time, I think it was a machine ahead of its time. I believe the joystick had a header on the PCB which I think is absent in the 60, not 100% sure.

I was a beta tester and did some of the presets when it was launched, the keyboard and joystick were very much part of the design, but I think they had a lot of requests for a key less version, so that was how the 60 came about. The 6 had internal PSU on a sub board, and the 60 had external PSU so I think it uses a different main PCB - but check with Elektron - I know for a fact that someone has a 6 with 60mk2 internals, so it must be possible to mod the joystick to work.

yikes.

thanks for share. is that track available in 24bit audio anywhere!?

(would you trade a pristine sfx60+mk2 for one of your teebees?..)

1 Like

i haven’t seen enough videos having fun with it like your one. made me feel sad i’m missing out.

1 Like
1 Like

@waftlord
Here is one of the presets I made with a bit of joystick, mostly changing the timbre of the vocal synth.

The track in the other video (The Killing Floor) was released on a compilation and mastered professionally, but alas I have not got a copy or I’d send it. I don’t even have the original video anymore.

I would not trade a TB but I’d maybe trade something else?

@obscurerobot
The one I know of came to my attention from a former Elektron employee, I’ll see if I still have the email when I get the time, might have some more details, it was some years back.

2 Likes