Monomachine learning curve

How’s the learning curve? I have a digitakt/tone/four/rytm. They’ve all been relatively easy to learn. Is the Monomachine a lot harder to learn than those? It looks like a lot of fun!

I wouldn’t say “learn” so much- more adapt.

There’s a ton of useful information to acquire with it that isn’t necessary from the getgo

Edit: out of all of them, the MnM has the least update sequencer out of all of them. No microtoming(potentially without rigging), no individual track length, no conditionals(without rigging), imputing notes directly(no external midi), is just a pain.

But it’s awesome and you’ve got plenty of sequencing capabilities to jump over this is you want to get familiar with the midi maps

1 Like

Well you already get the Elektron workflow with all those machines, so I’m sure you’ll be fine. The first day I got mine I spent a good three or four hours going back and forth between the manual, to the machine, to tarekith’s compilations of tips and tricks, rinse and repeat. Then over the next month or so I learned the more involved stuff like arps, trigless trigs, etc.–the stuff that applies to most other Elektron machines.

The one thing I still haven’t totally 100% wrapped my head around is the routing of FX and setting up, say, a master reverb… I have to remind myself how to do it every time lol

So you’ll be fine. You just may have to treat it/finesse it a bit differently to get sounds you’re fond of is all.

2 Likes

The monomachine is not difficult to learn, especially if you are already familiar with the elektron sequencer and kit system. Getting basic things going should not be difficult.
But, the monomachine is not an easy machine to master. It’s a very deep synth.

6 Likes

It’s probably about like this:

Not as bad as Octatrack:

8 Likes

as mentioned already, you’ll find a familiar way of working with the machine, without (unfortunately) all the latest features, nonetheless, the MM needs some time/dedication, which is probably something one has to account for with anything new :smile:
it is indeed a deep machine and you’ll find yourself discovering new things along the way