Monomachine for 530 EUR: scam?

So this one popped up in NL. I’ve read that it’s a bit of a vintage gem and priced as such. Theres someone selling off a bunch of gear, MK1 's mostly.

Is 530 not a bit cheap? It has no adapter but otherwise it looks mint with a dustcover as well.

The other reason Im sceptical is that he’s selling an MPC live for 550.

Thanks!

Holland is quite small, right? Can you travel to see it?

1 Like

Only price info is very little to make a call…

Yeah it’s a bit of a ride but I could for sure. Images look great. Never letting people ship stuff anyways

1 Like

Screen seems severly burnt !

1 Like

How is it running with no adapter? :thinking:

4 Likes

Assuming he uses one of his other devices, he’s selling a rytm, A4 and octa MK1 as well

1 Like

Haha glad I posted; had no idea what the screen should look like. Watching vids ATM.

The Marktplaats-ad shows a lot of things I see in other scammer-ads too:
-No clickable location
-No bidding
-No phonenumber / only messaging
-Ridiculous price
-Seller has a lot of other rather exclusive stuff available for ridiculous prices.
-Seller has an account with several years of usage and some reviews (probably hacked into someone else’s)

If you go for it I’d advise to do business in person and only pay with cash --> don’t use any payment links provided by seller!!!

6 Likes

Screen is upside down as well. :stuck_out_tongue:

Kidding.

Jokes aside, it does seem very cheap, even with screen burn. Ask questions and feel out the seller, do they seem genuine? Do they accept PayPal? If you can afford the short term loss of being scammed, buy it with PayPal Goods and Services. For extra protection, use a credit card AS WELL. That way you have PayPal AND your credit card company to fight for you if anything goes wrong.

Go pick up in person. Demand test. Don t go alone with cash in pocket. You should be fine then.

If you buy it online, use paypal with buyer protection.

Yeah the payment stuff I know. And I agree; the MPC live sells for MPC one prices. Im not feeling it but let’s see if he responds.

Yeah PayPal is not that often used in NL; But a good ole hand of cash is!

1 Like

The good side of it is that you can easily dispute the transaction and paypal will refund you the money.

1 Like

I give as little personal info in my ads either.

He has a history of selling music gear.

This ad doesnt make my scam alert go off.

He’ll probably use an excuse to try to get you to do business via post; corona is an easy one now.
I’ve encountered quite a lot of these sellers while using marktplaats (i’m from nl too); I have about 26 (!) conversations stored, all following the pattern I described in my earlier post. All were about an mpc live.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve traded / sold a few things and shared experiences. The amount of scam Digitakt ads has been insane! I’ve had 2 random people also having that experience. Digitakt for 440/450.

I sold a focusrite today by a guy who trusted me right away, transfered money before giving his address. I’m the opposite of that lol

2 Likes

If he takes off with the cash it’s on you tho. Id say for a beat up mki it’s maybe worth 530 euro. good luck finding the mki power adapter if it’s missing or broken though

2 Likes