Monomachine Complexity

I see that i wrote on the old elektron users forum that i let the arp trigger the amp. It should be pretty straight forward. Just start with an arp setting that gives you a very fast trigging of the sound. Then set LFO to one shot i think, and let it control volume. Adjust to taste.

Another thing i did was setting up a two step arp. On step 2 in the arp menu, i transposed it like -1. At a faster than 16th notes, i could then press two keys and it would play the same note, but at different speeds. So it worked like ratcheting. Must use sid mode ofcourse. Oh, man i miss sid mode arps! Why havent anyone done a similar thing after the monomachine.

I did find a song i posted at Elektron users wich i used the bbox arp trick.

3 Likes

Ah nice.

Are you using another lfo to scan the sample start time? The main thing I am trying to get is the 1990s granular drum sound.

Yeah. One lfo to scan the sample, and another for volume.

Got a bit nostalgic when visiting the old Elektron-Users page. hehe.

1 Like

Yeah, I was on that forum much more than this one. I had a pretty good rep on there and when it moved here I just sort of gave up on it for a bit.

I did get the randomness working really well, I’ll post something in a bit. Nothing special, just some methods etc…

Are you referring to when you input a chord per trig? If so, do you remember how you put a dumb trigger into the trig? I can’t find anything mentioned in the manual, unless this isn’t what you’re talking about?!?

Yep, so when you hold down a trig and the note selection pops up you press the down arrow to add more notes to the trig/chord, right?

So one you’ve put in the first note, you can scroll down but in those notes of the chord you don’t actually have a note, it can just be left blank. So when the arp is reading the notes sometimes it will read that dumb trigger and just not play. Does that make sense?

I’m not following this either, you either have the root note and notes in addition or just the root note. By dummy note do you just mean keeping the root note only? I can’t see a way to have blank dummy gaps within the structure of the chord.

1 Like

Unfortunately, you can’t leave a blank or no note per step in the note trigs, hence the question as to how to do that…

Edit: wavecircle explains it better than me in the above post :wink:

Fellas, I’ve gotta take an L here. I’ve been wrong this whole time, I apologize for the confusion. I swear I had done this in the past but I failed to replicate the results on my machine just now.

I must have gotten something mixed up in my head, thinking about how you can sort of fake probability between x number of notes if make a chord like:
C3
C3
C3
D3
C3

:woozy_face:

3 Likes

That’s ok, thanks for clarifying! :+1: