Monomachine buggy

Thank you for your interest in helping me. I don’t see why an example could help tbh, if y’all don’t know what i’m talking about, it’s clear that my MnM is acting faulty.

I’ll check if i get to it tomorrow, i need some distance from it now - so much of my stuff is fucking up atm and i’m completely overwhelmed by it.

Sorry and thank you!

an audio example would be really helpful in truth, it would probably demonstrate if unstable clock is moving the delay or if you have a cc message affecting it or some kind of loopback issue. or it’s on the fritz.

1 Like

I have noticed that with mine since I got it ten years ago, with any external clock source. It might not be very noticeable in a mix but it’s easy to hear once you become aware of it. The slight fluctuations in the incoming clock are enough to mess with the delay timing just enough to create a faint click.

I always use internal clock for that reason, just sync transport, but I’m always just sampling the Monomachine so it’s easy to deal with compared to trying to work into a live set.

Only actual bug I have noticed is if I power off the Monomachine in poly mode, when turning back on the pitches on note entries will be all over the place, jumping random octaves. Power cycle when not in poly mode fixes it.

I think nobody suggested this yet:
Try doing a Soft Reset (press shift when turning on the machine); backup your data first.
Empty reset is also worth trying (this will clear all your patterns/kits).

Otherwise, Audio demo would really help figuring it out.

Monomachine-Buggy

5 Likes

Haha yes, was expecting some kind of drivable synth thread. Is disappoint.

1 Like

I am not sure if this has been mentioned - I confess I haven’t read through all the responses.

Whenever I get issues with MIDI sync working at first and then not working, it always turns out to be a faulty MIDI cable. Luckily I have tons of MIDI cables that I can swap with and can get it back to work. That also leads me to believe that my MnM’s MIDI jacks may also not be making good contact with the MIDI cable’s pins, which I can assume it is a possibility since it is almost 2 decades old.

2 Likes

I debated suggesting that, my cheap cable tester can check connectivity for MIDI, and it doesn’t hurt to swap anything out!

I’ve just never had a MIDI cable bust so far, maybe I don’t keep most long enough :wink:

1 Like

Speaking of buggy machines, quick question about the MnM - should it work flawlessly when using it as a multi-timbral sound module?

It seems that when I have a good sequence going, and I want to trigger another machine… the behavior I get from it sounds like the midi notes for the new machine are interfering with the initial machine - I’m hearing a bit of a glitch, as well as getting hanging notes, where I have to press Stop twice to clear the hanged note. (Then the initial sequence sounds good again)

I make sure to use the appropriate midi / auto channel for the respective machine, so not sure if this is a bug, or just a common issue.

Sorry for the derailment, but this was a burning question.

:- )

You should start a new post to get more visibility and therefore more answers, don’t you think?