Monomachine bricked?

Thanks Rew and @Olle ! Had a friend open it up and check all the connections yesterday but no luck. Going to have to hunt around for a technician to do some more extensive TLC. You’ve had no more problems with your MNM since? I can only take so much…

ahh thats really too bad, sorry to hear about your troubles, i really understand your frustration.

Yeah, my MnM has been working fine now since the last repair. Hopefully stays that way. I have had the most trouble with it out of all my gear. I got it in 2007 and it was fine for like the first 7 years… then one input jack got wobbly and stopped passing signal. Had that replaced. Then a problem with a power supply that kinda bricked the machine. Then the other input jack went, and now this last problem with the internal connections!

How old is your machine? are you the first owner? I think they def start to show their age after a certain point.

Any luck finding a shop near you? How far away is an Elektron repair place?

1 Like

Sorry! Totally forgot to update this thread. Ended up not having time to take my MnM to Tokyo before I moved back to LA, so Alex over here ended up being the one to repair it. Turns out the problem was actually quite serious, and he had to replace the whole UI board! Was naturally a little pricey, but I’m happy to have it back.

Super glad your problem was a minor one tho Rew!

2 Likes