MonoMachine ASDR attack retrigger behavior

I decided to make a new thread, because I couldn’t find one similar. So, I am trying to make pad sounds on my MnM MK1, and for the life of me, I can’t figure out to how to get a long slow attack like other synths. I thought it was that I had to have the Hold on, but it seems the first note I press will have a long attack, then if the release of that note is still happening, then the next note will have no attack and (I am guessing this) start where the previous note is at in the ASDR envelope. If I have no release, the attack works some of the time.
Not sure if this makes sense when I write it down, but I would like every note that I press to have a slow release. Is there a setting I am missing? something super simple? Thank you so much in advance.

It could be that your envelope is not reaching the Release stage: have you programmed a NOTE OFF trig when you want the release to begin? (Manual, pages 27 and 48)

Otherwise you may need to:

• p-lock the Hold, Decay and Release values for each note, or
  • use the LFO Trig track to simulate the Attack effect, or
  • reduce the Release and route the track to a Reverb machine.
1 Like

I haven’t tried to program anything…I’m just playing the keys (the 16 step buttons). Thanks for trying.

Then you should try programming NOTE OFF trigs.

Ok. Hmmm, maybe if I play it from the OT, I can set it up so it turns of the the env. I kinda like playing out my stuff live and recording it…But, I get what you are saying. I was thinking that. The env has to be completely done in order to use a long attack. Even in Poly mode. Kind of a buzz kill. Suppose I could also sample and use the OT’s env. Thanks for the help @PeterHanes.

For playing, yes, but not for recording into the MM’s pattern.

1 Like

Ahh…Haha. I see. But, if I just use the OT sequencer, which I need to do anyways… Okay. I’m also going to try out the “ramp” lfo’s tonight. See where that gets me. Could be interesting.