Monomachine and syx

Hi all and 1st forgive my grammar as Eng is my second language.
I was able to buy a brand new Monomachine and i love it.
The problem is that i cant send syx(wav) into the Monomachine. I didnt want to spend too much money
and i got at GC a MIO iconnectivity($35), I followed properly all the steps. But when i configure the C6 i dont see the Monomachine to choose, i only see the MIO In and Out. Quoting the instructions “On your computer, open the c6 utility software (make sure you have the latest version, available on the Elektron webpage, Support & Downloads section). In the c6 configuration menu, select Elektron Monomachine for both MIDI In and MIDI Out”. Do you really see the option Monomachine or as i read in other sites online you actually just see the USB/Midi interface, if that is the case i do see the MIO In and Out. Also i did tested the MIO and he send midi/signals out properly. When i prep the monomachine it stay in waiting… mode and nothing happen.
Do i need to buy a Elektron TM-1 for $125 or do i need to get a different interface more expensive at GC?
Or…what i am doing wrong…
Thank you in advance
PS same issue in Windows 10/8/7 and Mac 10.5

You shouldn’t need anything more.
TM-1 is good to speed up things, though. (You might find cheap used ones, I got mine for 40€)

First time with C6 can be awkward…
Make sure both MIDI IN and OUT of the :elm: are plugged, even if you’re sending data only in one direction.

IIRC C6 check boxes should be all checked.

I had a very weird issue with a cheap MIDI box (E-MU 2x2). It used to send SysEx dumps properly (fortunately!) but getting my SysEx imports was always full of errors. Everything that you could imagine was done to try diagnosing the problem. Them I got the TM-1 and everything was sorted out. Seems like some interfaces just don’t go with C6 - it is better to test such interface in advance if you have the chance.

1 Like

Thank you for the replies…well yes i have In and Out plugged into the Monomachine and yes i have the 3 box checked in the C6…i will try a better interface today ($100) at Guitar center and if that dont work too i will order
online a TM-1…i also create a ticket with Elektron wondering if they will respond.
But regarding my question…do you actually see the Monomachine option to select in the C6 or you just see the Interface usb/midi name?
Thanks

Normally, I see the interface name ‘Elektron TM-1’ in my case. It was the same thing both on OSX 10.6.8 (and later) and obsolete 32 bit Win XP.

Ah ok tx make sense you only see the name of the interface connected to your computer and not the name “Monomachine” as the instructions tell…i guess ill return this at GC and order a Elektron TM-1 online…unless i am missing a step…

As long as you’ve tested everything and there is no reasonable explanation to the issue, go for the TM-1 - it feels like nice, sturdy and reliable turbo interface. :+1:

I will last chance with GC i just picked up a Presonus Audiobox USB…will see

Strange, I use a <$50 USB-MIDI interface for my mnm sysex stuff and it’s fine. So puzzling that the iConnectiviy interface doesn’t work!

YEEEESSSS thank you everyone for the support… with the Presonus Audiobox USB ($78 lol) worked perfectly right away…the problem with the MIO iconnectivity is that to works with syx you need to update the firmware (i did) but i guess never really worked…i have soooo many wavs to transfer, awesome.
Thank you all again, Ciao

3 Likes