Mono Synth for bass

That’s a lot of oscillators for sure. Are there any special modes for them (other than sync or ring mode) ? My reference here is the shruti, with its crazy osc modes.

The Nyborg 12 is the telemark without the modulations options, sounds really great, good for percussion also:

All synth sounds in this one are Telemark, so the Nyborg 12 will sound identical:

I’m messing about in the shed at the moment and have a massive percussion loop going with all the synths synced and sequenced, nyborgs are great for percussion, so easy to do.

1 Like

You don’t have to go analog. I have the Minitaur and Subsequent37, but what I’m warming to now is using my old Nord Lead 4Rack as a Bass mono synth. My Minitaur was bricking (crappy editor) and the Subsequent37 to me isn’t really a bass players bass synth; it’s more baritone.
So, Nord Lead 4Rack to the rescue.
Consider that it’s 4 part multi timbral so you can use 4 different filters at once… well, 4 synths at once, each one set to unison. And the filter modes are 12, 24, 48, minimoog, TB303, BP and HP. The Minitaur doesn’t even come close to it.
It’s about the same price as an AS Nyborg.

2 Likes

Did anyone suggest a Waldorf Rocket?

Many of the synths I would have suggested were instant nogos with the no keyboard qualifier.

Immediate interface and a multimode filter with audio input in a small box without keys.

2 Likes

I‘ve got a Nyx also, fantastic synth! I love that one for pads and Blade Runner-y spheres :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey nothing really special about osc modes. There’s a bit reduction effect but it’s kinda meh…
I think where the dom club really shines is it’s sweepable wave forms and filters, cut-off/resonance/contour all sound freakin fantastic . When you combine that with it’s snappy envelopes you can get these nice squelchy 303esque tones.

2 Likes

The Fusebox is worth a look also, a bit more expensive, but loads of cool features. Did this video tonight, just tweaked and played about with the sound so all made up as I went along: