Mono —> stereo file in Octatrack

Is there a way to convert a mono file (or file I’m only hearing in left channel) to a stereo file within OT

I’m not 100% sure because i have no OT at hand, but i guess a sample will converted to stereo automatically if you load it into a Flex machine recorder buffer. Maybe the the sample is already stereo with an empty right channel? You can check this in the TRIM EDIT menu of the audio editor, there should be a CHANGE VIEW entry.

Yeah, the change view to stereo shows it only has audio in one channel. I recorded the sample live from a mono modular module Plonk. All my other samples turn out stereo. Not sure what happened with this one.

So it is stereo, with one channel recorded.
Something was unplugged…
I think you can copy/paste from left channel to right channel for example.

Edit : yes, possible with Add LR :

MIX CHANNELS offers several settings.
• ADD CH L+R will merge the left and right channels of the selected section and distribute the merged audio to both the left and right channels.
• SUBTRACT CH L-R will subtract the right channel from the left channel and distribute the result to both the left and right channels.
• SUBTRACT CH R-L will subtract the left channel from the right channel and distribute the result to both the left and right channels.
• SWAP CH L/R will swap the left channel with the right and vice versa.

6 Likes

Great, thanks!

1 Like