Monitoring issue - need advices

Dear Elektronauts community,
I have an monitoring issue to solve, and I need your good advices.

I have a pair of Yamaha HS80M bought 11 years ago when I lived alone in my studio. I was very very happy with it and I still love these monitors.
But, now I have a wife and my home studio is just a corner or my living room. My desk is 120x80 cm so the monitor are pretty close each other.
The monitors are also close to the wall and one of them is in the corner.
I have a lot of bass and tried the room control to -4db to attenuate it.
It’s still far from perfect and I think I have 2 solutions:
1/ Keep my HS80M and what can I do to have a flatter sound ? I see sonarworks can help to improve the monitoring, it worth ?
2/ Sell the HS80M and buy smaller monitor. Under 8" the bass definition is enough ? I saw some Genelec 8020 or Focal Shape 40, it worth ?

I make hip hop and I plan to try to sell some of my beats in a near future but I want to produce something it worth to spend some money for an artist, so the need of a good enough monitoring system to produce something enjoyable.

Thanks for advices :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iloud MTMs are great, small, and can be calibrated to the room. Cons: not cheap.

3 Likes

You can try sonarworks 21 days for free. But a measurement microphone would be needed to get the best results. Maybe you can borrow it somewhere.

To me it work’s well, especially when one speaker is placed in a corner.

1 Like

Thanks, I will maybe try the sonarworks thing before selling my yams