Modular Techno w/ Heat

Hi !

Finally some news regarding the live project; we hadn’t been able to see each other for a while but things are back on track now. Really happy as to where we are now, I think we are pretty much ready.

Here’s a live recording we did this past weekend : one stereo take warmed up in post through the Heat, done with a mix and match of Ableton Live and 12u of modular with a good deal of live tweaking/improv for both.

Here’s the video :

Here’s the sound only :

You can further follow this project here :

2 Likes

New little snippet as we are working on some tracks :

1 Like

how do you change the scales/tuning on an instrument? Never quite understood this part?

Well in the case of the Lyra 8 you have eight oscillators, so you choose the root note of each; depending on which note you chose it creates one scale or another and then you can play chords within this scale.

My music theory knowledge is beyond basic but I hope this helps.

Yeah thats all gibberish to me… haha. thanks for the reply though. Anywhere you’d reccomend to learn theory? thats not too boring? haha. cheers

Here’s the first track we did as Roam; still a mix and match of Ableton and Euro. Probably gonna keep going into this direction, finish a few more tracks and put something out properly mastered. At least that’s the plan !

Hope you dig :

3 Likes

And here’s a second one we finished. This one is more on the ambient techno side, deep and psychedelic.

1 Like

More live rehearsals with Roam. With more angles and fancy lightning this time.

I have a new track but can’t make a new post because there’s a 3 message auto reply limit, so here it is :

Back with a solo track. I took elements from a previous patch used with my techno project Roam and slowed everything down, tweaked the aux sends, the effets, added some percussion with the DFAM and a layer of Lyra 8 and then proceeded to burn everything to a crisp in the Analog Heat. I really enjoy doing these.

It’s heavily inspired by JK Flesh and Scorn.

Here’s a new live rehearsal with Roam that we recorded about a month ago :

Dark & brooding techno with Ableton & modular