Modular Techno w/ Heat

This one was mainly to try Manis Iteritas out, I tried to keep it dark and subtle :

Snippet :

Digitakt with the drums and samples from Manis and Loquelic
Analog Heat with the enhancement

Full Track :

5 Likes

Nice tracks!

1 Like

Thank you very much !

Well done man, liked TGone Looping the most but it’s all great stuff truly dark and twisted :alien:

1 Like

Thanks a lot ! Yeah TG One is my favorite too. I listened to a couple tracks on your Soundcloud yesterday, great stuff !

1 Like

still enjoying following your progress with these. the warehouse vibe has been palpable on a few of those recent jams. you doing any additional work in post, or is this all just straight outta the box ‘n’ rack?

Wow thanks mate, really appreciate it. It seems we are into similar things :laughing:

Love the variations in your tracks, think I will have to listen some more to them and fetch some ideas/inspiration :blush:

Thank a lot ! I’m really appreciating all the support here. Makes me want to get better at this.

I don’t do anything in post, I guess mainly because I have no idea how :joy:… I use Logic as a multitrack (one stereo for the modular, one for the DT). I do throw the occasional EQ on either of those tracks but if I do anything it’s cut the excess of low frequencies, other than that I try to make sure everything sounds ok before I hit record, trying to have each sound within it’s own little corner. I practice a few times and then record in one take.

I must say the Analog Heat has been a tremendous help as far as having things sound like I want, especially with the pseudo comp. It pretty much does all the things I would do in Logic but way better, and I know what’s going on.

1 Like

A new take on a drone loop previously explored :

Snippet

Manis Iteritas does the stabs coming halfway, Chimera does all sorts of noises/hats and then the Digitakt does the rest of the percussion duties while the Heat, as usual, HEATS.

Full Track :

5 Likes

Really enjoying these, nice dark vibe. How long does it take to set up a patch on the modular? Can you envision any way of performing a live set with this setup?

1 Like

I usually have a listen at your tunes when I see this topic popping in the forum section and I think this one is the one I enjoyed the most ! Keep it up !

ps : is it ok to have both, the Manis and the Loquelis in the same rack, not too much redundant ?

1 Like

@Anfim Thank you very much, really glad you’re enjoying these. A patch on the modular usually takes me between half and hour and an hour to setup maybe ? Then a good two hours tweaking things around, refining sounds, modulation etc… Usually when I find a good basis things go rather quickly. I only have a 6u with modules I’ve come to know pretty well so that might help. Then sometimes I just noodle for 3hours straight with nothing good coming out of it save a nice sample for the Digitakt !

I might be ready to play live with this, at least that’s the goal; however I would need to work a lot more on sampling things on the Digitakt from the modular and basically preparing a lot more patterns (I have like five 16 steps patterns saved right now…) to give me some time to breathe and concentrate on the modular and mutes. I’m also playing with a friend who used Ableton and a TR8 as a controller and then it’s easier, I just have to concentrate on the modular sounds and a few percussive elements in the Digitakt. We’re rehearsing every week and should be ready in a few months.

@Ioa Thank you very much as well ! It’s really encouraging to have people responding every time I post a track.

Manis and Loquelic are very different, really not much overlap to me ! Loquelic is my favorite module by far so many tones and sweet spots; the 3 algorithms are really unique; The Manis I still need to tame but I like it a lot so far. I also have a Cursus that I have swapped out with the Manis and again it doesn’t overlap. All three are excellent ! The only one I didn’t like and sold was the BIA.

Again, thanks a lot both of you !

Ok, good to know, that what I thought. I don’t have any Noise Engineering modules right now but as soon as Modularsquare has a Loquelic in stock I’ll grab one !

Im a really BIG fan of ur recordings…Im doing a similar setup with modular and Digitakt, and i always get inspired by ur stuff! Keep on Rocking Dude :metal:t2:

1 Like

Oh you’re in Paris ? If so you’re very welcome to come and try the Loquelic/Manis/Cursus trilogy at my place !

1 Like

Thanks a lot man ! I love your modular setup; you’ve got a lot of nice Verbos modules. I’m missing my CO actually… I bought it too soon and was overwhelmed; but now I’d like it back ! Digitakt has definitely been the key element in this setup. I need to learn to push it more now.

1 Like

Well i have to tell u…just completed my Endorphin.es system with old Terminal and a Furthrrrr generator with Strong Zero Core Vco.
It is a blast :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Hey thanks, actually it could be pretty nice. Check your mps :slight_smile:

1 Like

nice sounds!!! How do you made all this crackling noises???
I just have the BIA from NE … but I like it a lot (untill now at least). Just put many modulations in it and it´s basicly a one drum maschine module :slight_smile:

What do you do with the AH? Saturation and compression?

1 Like

Would be awesome to do a thing together…fuck the world over with sonics😉

1 Like