Modest fantasies?

I came here to say this. I find myself fantasizing about having full afternoons in the studio. I don’t even fantasize about full days anymore, because it feels like that’ll never happen

5 Likes

Sometimes when a person misses the point they actually do a better job of making the point that they missed than the person who originally tried to make the point.

Hmm… I think my modesty in reality went when I bought an Octatrack. If I was more a career audio engineer or artist I could feel more justified in owning it. However it did do more for me than the Digitakt. I think I am as modest just at what I have in that it’s more than enough to get me where I want and how I want.

1 Like

as far as dreams go, I get pretty hungry if I sleep too much. I always fantasize about verbs.

Bli Bla Blub

I’d absolutely love it if I could have my gear - or some of it - permanently set up somewhere in the house and not unplug everything every night after an hour or two of noodling. I do have a small space in a storage room but for a couple of reasons it doesn’t really work. It’s not very cozy, for one. And it also gets a bit too cold in the winter.

After mostly using one box at a time for the past 1,5 years cos I’m too lazy to plug & unplug multiple devices every night, I think I’d be ready to take the step into the unknown - using TWO boxes at once! :smiley:

8 Likes

I very much empathize with your woes… it’s like musical chairs which results in not much music and a lot of moving shit around.

2 Likes

I did that too. No room to leave my kit setup. I didn’t make much music, that’s for sure.

I eventually constructed a modular desk system which comprised of several tiers. I utilized more vertical space than horizontal. This allowed me to leave my gear setup in my 150-ish square foot living space. I’ve since moved into a more reasonable situation and can simply dedicate table top space to my kit.

I understand cramped spaces. I believe though, it’s always just a matter of getting creative and discovering a strategy of organization to implement an idea like setting up a full time electronic kit. And of course contending with all the accoutrements of a particular lifestyle…

1 Like