Model Samples won't get MIDI in

My new Model won’t recieve any MIDI in, all channels are well setup in the correct channel of the MIDI controller. I am using an Axiom 25.

Any suggestions?

How have you connected the Axiom 25 to the Model:Samples?

What settings have you made in the Model:Samples’ CONFIG > MIDI > PORTS menu?

1 Like

MIDI ports> IN on
MIdI chan> 1 for all tracks
Axiom conected vía MIDI cable, powered with a phone charger.

Have you connected the A25’s MIDI Out port to the M:S’s MIDI In port using a working MIDI cable?

On the A25:

• What MIDI channel number have you set?
  • The M:S only responds to MIDI notes in certain octaves. Have you tried changing the octave of the keyboard?
  • Have you set up any keyboard Zones?
  • Are any controls set to send other MIDI messages like Control Change (CC) messages?

On the M:S:

• Have you set INP FROM to “MIDI” in the CONFIG > MIDI > PORTS menu?
  • Have you set RCV NOTE to “ON” in the CONFIG > MIDI > FILTER menu?
  • What have you set in the CONFIG > AUDIO menus?

How are you listening to the M:S’s audio output?

Have you connected the A25’s MIDI Out port to the M:S’s MIDI In port using a working MIDI cable?

On the A25:

• What MIDI channel number have you set? Ch 1
  • The M:S only responds to MIDI notes in certain octaves. Have you tried changing the octave of the keyboard? YES, I touch all octaves notes to be sure
  • Have you set up any keyboard Zones? All Zones selected to the same MIDI channel
  • Are any controls set to send other MIDI messages like Control Change (CC) messages? I don’t know how to manage this one.

On the M:S:

• Have you set INP FROM to “MIDI” in the CONFIG > MIDI > PORTS menu? YES
  • Have you set RCV NOTE to “ON” in the CONFIG > MIDI > FILTER menu? YES Inp From MIDI
  • What have you set in the CONFIG > AUDIO menus?
    Int out: ON
    Trk Out: T1,T2,T3,T4,T5,T6 (turn on in red light)
    Del Out: ON
    Rev Out: ON
    USB Gain: 0

How are you listening to the M:S’s audio output? Connected to a sound card turned to Input Mix only, it works as an analog mixer.

Yes, I try two other cables, all work fine when receiving MIDI from Axiom to Ableton Live by MIDI Din5 cable.