Model:Samples slot play mode a la octatrack?

Hi, is there a way to play the slot samples on the M:S in a slot mode like the octatrack (where all samples in the list are playable from the step buttons). Im new to it and haven’t been able to find if this is possible and would be extremely helpful for me. Thanks in advance

I don’t have an M:S, but you could search “sample lock” in the manual. I’m pretty sure it has it.

I have read the manual. It has sample locks yes, I’m asking about a sample slot mode, like the octatrack has.

Apparently not?
No Sample Locks on Model:Samples : Discuss [implemented version 1.02]

Anyway, apparently, no Slot mode. 6 sounds. Sample chains seems the only workaround to plock different sounds on a track.

Potential midi trickery : keyboard > midi processor assigning notes to Start = 120 different sounds playable with a sample chain.

it does have sample locks. it didn’t initially. but was implemented few months after release.

i’m not familiar with the slot mode in the Octatrack. but from what you described. Model:Samples (and Digitakt) don’t have that feature

2 Likes

Ah, good news for the Sample locks. I forgot that. I have to download the last manual!
A friend of mine just received an MS and I’ll have to teach him how to use it with is midi drums.

In that mode, trigs 1-16 can trigger the samples loaded in the slots. 8 pages, Recordable as sample locks.

1 Like

Thanks for the answers, its what I suspected. It would be great if they implemented that feature. Love to play samples that way on the octatrack. More fun an not so tedious as to pressing the step and browsing the list of samples.

2 Likes