Model:Samples only music

1 Like

I like the sound in all your videos :smile:
Can I ask how are you recording it? Any stuff between the Samples & the computer?

1 Like

Not only that but if you’re doing live input you can change the speed to 1/4 and up with 256 steps in terms of recording time, per pattern. I’ll upload some of the patterns I made while just checking out the samples HW in a bit.

Thanks man, nice to know people are listening! :grinning:

Most of my M:S jams are recorded straight to iPhone with no processing but the last couple were recorded into the computer and run through ozone elements before rendering the video. There’s nothing else in between, just my out of date Saffire interface!

1 Like

Here we go, sorry about the weird video, only thing I had to hand. :wink: It goes pretty well with the last one though.

They probably use about 20% of the power of the hw. No processing, just normalised in RX7. just testing out features, simple stuff.

4 Likes

What’s that Ozone? Some kind of mastering plugins / tools?

Yes its a mastering plugin. Even the elements version works well. You may have access to it with your CMS purchase, Novation gives you a small bundle of software when you register. If not then I’ve probably got a spare licence somewhere, various different companies bundle the Ozone Elements with purchases or as giveaways.

1 Like

Ohhh I will check
I don’t usually check this things, as I am a Linux user & most software normally is not available for it. But I’ll check :smile:

Ah ok, most of their giveaways aren’t going to work with Linux. Have you ever used WINE to run Windows stuff on Linux? Might be worth bundling ozone and audacity just for recording purposes.

Sure, but Wine doesn’t work always fine for most software. It usually requires some kind of tweaking to work

Yeah, Audacity is the one I use for recording :+1:

1 Like

This was my SOMA contest entry. It’s all SOMA samples played by my M:S Live. Think there’s still a day left to submit if you haven’t already. https://www.facebook.com/somasynths/

1 Like

Re-uploaded this as I had to change it, the drone note was embarrassing on the last version :slight_smile:

That was awesome to listen to! Wouldn’t have guessed its M:S :slight_smile:

1 Like

I used the control all to sweep through the sample start to get those wild changes. Also I had a couple of patterns with tracks running in 2x speed to get that fast glitch feel. Thanks for listening!

1 Like

New track: Summer Rain (intermission)

File under chill & margaritas.

Todays M:S jam :slight_smile:

I’ve had my M:S since March and keep getting more and more into it - spent a couple of hours making this track and then added some bass - everything else is from the M:S

4 Likes

That’s awesome. Top notch bass playing and MS programming.

1 Like

Thanks man - much appreciated - I welcome the ‘limitations’ of the M:S - as a long-time Ableton user just focusing a few specific elements really enhances creative decision making :smile:

Thanks for listening

1 Like

A glitchy fun jam with M:S. Doesn’t sound great on mobile unfortunately! (3000 wet farts comes to mind) :slight_smile:

1 Like