Model:Samples key shortcut reference (including undocumented shortcuts)

Yesterday I had my first accident with M:S
After some hours playing with some patterns I made some strange move and the power wire slid a little across the table, causing the unit to shutdown :expressionless:

When booting again, all the work was blown by the wind. Not a big drama this time, but I am now on alert for situations like this in the future

If I had temporary saved my patterns, would them get back in a shutdown like this? I think ‘No’, right? Question would seem a bit stupid, just to confirm if somebody knows it, so I start to get used to full save new patterns every X time. Remember: [FUNC] + [SETTINGS] (long press)

@robot_mixeur

I’m glad you have this one in the list, since it is somewhat of a new shortcut, in Elektron terms, to hit the Track + Page button.

Press [TRACK] + [PAGE] to latch FILL mode. Press [TRACK] + [PAGE] again to unlatch FILL mode.

I wish they’d add this shortcut to the A4, where it is YES+Page. A little continuity would be nice, and Track+Page does nothing at the moment. I’ll add it to the requests.

I use Fills quite a lot since I prefer to do tunes in 1 pattern. Being able to easily latch it, along with its physical location next to T6, makes it like a pseudo 7th track when I am playing the mutes.

3 Likes

Updated google doc with copy/paste/clear page (hold [PAGE] + [RECORD]/[STOP]/[PLAY]). Came up in tips & tricks thread, very handy, thanks @minimal.camera & @pselodux :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Even if you do a full save, you will still lose patterns if you don’t do a proper shutdown! I found this out the hard way yesterday after leaving the M:S on for about 4 days, saving often, and still lost all that work when we had a power outage here. So save often, shutdown often and dump them sysex datas!

1 Like

Ouch… That should hurt :cry:
I’ve never played with it more than 2 or 3 hours, and then shutdown

While in “grid REC mode” hold [Trig] + copy to copy specific note.

Exceedingly helpful when adding an additional sample/s to a track or an alternative setting or note of your sample to then distribute along the grid.

You can also copy clusters of triggers.

how many of these work on the model:cycles?

Just to give back, in case this helps someone. I have taken the info on your document and visualised it a little.

8 Likes