Model:Samples File Naming Convention for Full Kit Import

Can anyone tell me the file naming convention that will allow a whole drum kit to be imported at once (all six samples)?

I have used 1-6 and got 4 sample to load. I have used A-F and got 5 samples to load…

Thank you!

You just have to have them in the same folder and you can import the whole folder.

They load alphabetically

However, I prefer to have all my Kicks in one folder, Hats, etc and save a template file that I load up.

Then you can scroll through each sound and make new kits on the fly

1 Like

Have you got the latest firmware loaded? I’m pretty sure this was buggy on 1.12 and it was claimed there was a fix in firmware 1.13.

Yep, 1.13 loaded a couple of days ago.

I thought it would be clear, since I was talking about loading a whole kit at once, that the files were all in one folder.

I stated above that I named alphabetically (A-F), and only 5 samples loaded.

I appreciate that you do it a different way, but I was looking for an answer, not a work-around.

Thanks, though.

1 Like

I have not actually tried this, so it could very well be buggy, but it’s at the top of page 46 of the current version of the English manual:

It checks all files in the directory for a suffix of 1-6 and loads the files matching this criteria
to the respective track. If no matching file is found for a track, it fills the blank tracks with
the first other not-yet-loaded samples in the folder. So if you have the samples BD01, SD03,
MYSAMPLE999, CHORDY and HIHAT6 in a directory, it would load T1=BD01, T2=CHORDY,
T3=SD03, T4=MYSAMPLE999 and T6=HIHAT6. T5 will be blank (if it did not previously con-
tain a sample).

Notably, it first checks for a suffix on the sample, and if that fails only then will it go in alpha order.

2 Likes

Aaaaaaahhhh! (Head Slap Emoji).

I read this portion of the manual, as well, but too quickly, apparently. My brain did not compute the word “suffix,” as that is so counter intuitive.

Thank you for the kind reminder. Will try this now.

post up if it works

Yup, that’s the ticket. Totally worked.

So: Suffix 1-6 is where it’s at. :boom:

2 Likes

Glad you have your solution. But this …

… still looks like a bug to me, inconsistent with the manual I think?

It wasn’t a work around, I genuinely find it easier to forget their six sample folders and use a template linked to 6 folders with 100+ samples.

Means I can press play a scroll through different kicks and snares til it sounds right.

Yah, I dig it. I was just looking for specific information that fit my current workflow. Your way is obviously useful, just not for what I was trying to do.

So, the specific file names I used in that case were:

A_CLR_Kick
B_CLR_Snare
C_CLR_Snare_2
D_CLR_HH
E_CLR_WB
F_CLR_Guerro

I suppose “C_CLR_Snare_2” woul have loaded onto Pad 2. So, yes, I see why it would load out of order, but not why it would only load 5 samples. Hrm…

Yeah, I’m not convinced this area is free of bugs. Not strictly related to what you found but the other day I was dealing with

BA_1A
BA_1B
BA_1C
BA_1D

except that every time I looked in that folder on the M:C, the “1C” was top of the list. After moving things around a bit with transfer, the ordering finally resolved itself.

A working naming convention would be

BD 1.wav
SD 2.wav
HH 3.wav
CY 4.wav
MT 5.wav
RS 6.wav

Model:Cycles seems to look for number.wav and you can name the sample what you want before that.

1 Like