Model:Samples editor from momo

I’m not a model:samples guy myself but I saw this new editor posted today on gearnews. Looks versatile since it can be used in a daw and standalone. Suhweet.

3 Likes

what we really need is a simple app to back up all of the midi and audio for a project… !!!

2 Likes

Just saw that there is a editor for the Model Cycles as well now. Anyone have experience with them and can give some feedback? For that price it’s actually a no brainer…

I don’t have specific experience with these but I’ve made interfaces that control midi cc and there’s not much that go wrong, it’s very simple stuff. Interface controls are pretty much the “Hello World” of DSP.

https://elopage.com/s/mller?locale=en

That’s all of his work ^

Hello !
I’m bumping this topic because I’m kind of confused regarding this Model Cycles Editor, and I’ve looked into a lot of things without finding answers to my questions.

So, I purchased that editor to help me recording my audio.
I’m new to DAW so maybe I’ve missed a thing, or misunderstood.

I’m able to record an audio track from the Model Cycle, the Model Cycle respond to actions made on the editor (such as tweaking a parameter, solo a track…), but somehow when I try to record something I can have audio, but no automation, or midi informations, the clock sync does not work neither.
If i load a VST track with the editor, and an audio track to the model cycle, and I tweak something while writing an automation no information is recorded on the VST track, I can draw manually an automation but it won’t affect the audio, which make sens because nothing is joining those two tracks, I guess you have to somehow link the audio and the midi information, but so far I didn’t find how

I was thinking that this editor is supposed to convert action on the hardware into midi information that will transform the audio recording, am I right ?

If someone using this editor, or one with the same process hardware>daw can help me understand that would be great ! Even if you don’t feel like going into some deep explaination, if someone has a recommendation about some youtuber or article that can help me to understand all of that that would be very great !

Thank you forward and wish you a good nigh/day/time/life

ps: if that’s information is relevant i’m using cubase le 11 with no audiointerface, juste asio4all driver

does any one have any experience with this?

I bought a D05 editor from the same developer a few years ago and never got it to work but also never got a reply from the developer. it could have easily been my own stupidity though, not getting it to work.

so yeah, interested if people are using this successfully.

im on a M1 Mac and using Bitwig