Model:samples as an accompaniment to a digitakt?

What do you folks thinking of a model:samples as a partner box to a digitakt?

I know they sort of do the same thing to some extent, but I am wondering whether it is useful as a sort of 6 track expansion rather than a sisiter box (which is obviously the digitone… which I will get to when my partner has forgotten how recently I bought the 'takt).

Perhaps grab a Model: Cycles to go with it, you could sample a load of the Cycles’ drums into the Takt, then use all 6 Cycles channels for tone and chord tracks. It would be an inexpensive way to get a lot of new sounds that the Takt can’t do and you could build up a good repository of samples before using it to PX towards the Tone. Just my thoughts.

1 Like

Yeah for sure, you are most definitely right - it’s more that I’ve seen one going for cheap (on this forum) and the GAS is kicking in!

I see you’re on the case with that too :slight_smile:

Discussions on this topic here fwiw …

1 Like

Don’t let me stop you snagging the Samples, it would be excessive for me to have two new samplers so to go with my Digitone. I see Cycles going for reasonable prices on eBay quite a bit if my memory serves me well.

Well I have both and Digitakt is definitely my favorite (8 dedicated midi channels / more control / …), so I was considering selling my M:S, UNTILL… I saw this hack (Digitakt Scenes Hack using External Sequencer - #33 by Gerry_Dorsey).
This little movie not only convinced me to keep both, but actually makes me doubt to buy another Digitakt. :slight_smile:

By the way: same story goes for the M:C / Digitone :slight_smile:

2 Likes