Model samples and ableton live first step drop

I have the exact same issue. When the M:S is selected as slave, it always skips the first 16 steps. The workarounds are fine, but there surely must be some other way.

+1.

First trig is always missed when slaved to Live 10. I’m going to check this in Reason 11 to see if it’s the M:S or the DAW.

Confirmed as a bug by Elektron Support.

3 Likes

Did it work ok in Reason?

I haven’t checked yet (using Reason 11 as VST rack). I can do that this weekend.

What did the support team answer you? will they fix this error? i have the same problem + ableton don’t look model samples as audio card

Hi. They just confirmed it was a known issue, but gave no timeline to fix. I suggest you raise a support ticket at: https://www.elektron.se/customer/tickets/ as this will help increase visibility of the issue.

I’ve not had any issues with Ableton seeing the device - I’m using MacOS (Catalina) and the M:S is Class Compliant.

1 Like

Okay, thank you

Have you tried using midi cable? Does the problem remain?

It’s the exact same issue as with the Digitakt. Which still hasn’t been fixed either. :confused:

Yep - it’s not just a USB issue.

Is this a problem only for ableton on digitakt or other DAW too? Fck, it is no cool

I only use Ableton Live ( 10.1.7 ) at the moment.

It’s an Elektron problem and not Ableton, since my other gear like Novation Circuit doesn’t have this issue when its in slave mode.

in fact, this is very strange, people in other topics write that everything is fine with synchronization with ableton. :frowning:

I have the same problem but with Logic Pro. Always misses the first step. Hope a fix is in the pipeline. I thought firmware update 1.02b would have solved it but alas.

It always works if you set Live to count off 1 bar before starting to record. It is in the metronome menu.

3 Likes

nice tip!

1 Like

How do you enable the MS as a slave? I am new to the MS and want it to start playing whenever I press the ‘play’ button in Ableton Live.

Thanks!

Was this solved? Could anyone tell me what settings I need to have on model samples and ableton 10 to have them sync? I had it working before but changed something and have not got it working since

This used to happen with my digitone being controlled by my octatrack but I don’t think I’ve noticed it since the latest update