Model:Cycles tips and tricks

Post your M:C tips and tricks here!

Here is a REALLY cool one I found:

Retrig/Trig repeat has the fade function, but what is really nice (and I was hoping would be the case) is that aside from volume fade you can also/or use it to fade any other parameter in or out. This technique can add a lot of possibilities to the sounds and sequences possible, experiment with it!

Here is a brief rundown and example:
Go to pad menu and assign the parameter of interest to velocity, you might want to set VDep to zero if you don’t also want the volume fade. Now when you press a pad or have a trig repeat programmed you have control over the assigned parameter.

For trig repeat it can work really nice with fast retrig, long retrig length and large (positive or negative) fade depth, remember also to p-lock your initial velocity such that you get the effect you are after.

For example if you want a 16 step pitch sweep upwards, set velocity destination to pitch in pad menu, set ddepth to max, place one trig on step 1, set velocity for the step to zero, pitch -24, hold retrig button and set your parameters to Rte80, Len16, Fde96*.

*96 Seems to give the whole range of values from min to max across the 16 steps in the above example, if you set to 127 it tops out before the last step.

Hopefully that all makes sense, needless to say the technique can be applied to other parameters and of course with different settings, you can get quite granular/wavetable fx and tons of other cool stuff, enjoy!

Kind of makes me not miss parameter slide so much now.

11 Likes

mint :ok_hand:t4:
my mc arrives tomorrow. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Model:Cycles Tips & Tricks Thread

I guess these will apply to Model:Samples too @AdamJay ?

Hey wait, I started this thread already!

Merge time!

4 Likes