Model:Cycles quick troubleshoots

been seeing various questions here & there on, how to do ::blank:: or why is ::blank blank:: etc, so here’s a collective area to ask for help.

hopefully someone can respond promptly and get your issues resolved so you can continue having fun.

::awesome bird emoji::

1 Like

Did i miss in the manual how i should be triggering the internal sequencer for the pattern from an external sequencer (Octatrack, specifically)?

do you mean how to sequence it from octatrack? just send the midi notes on the right channel and activate note receive on the m:c…

or do you want to do something different? like sync clock and transport controls?

2 Likes

Thanks, I was thinking that there was some way to trigger individual patterns (i blame the marijuanas), but I ended up checking and I didn’t have transport set up correctly in the OT.

I’ll configure it through chains / program changes.

Does any anyone know the proper midi command/range for pattern change via midi?

PC 0 to 95 corresponds to patterns A01 to F16. See manual section 7.5, page 20.

1 Like

Thank you , I missed that bit :sweat_smile:

Is there a way to change the number of bars before switching patterns? I don’t think I saw anything about this in the manual and it seems set at 1 bar length. It’s pretty tight trying to change pattern an then setup for muting in one bar.

Guys, pattern button has a too high sensitivity. It activates (led on) if i touch it (not even push). Sometimes it activates without my touches and pushes.
So. It is OK? Yours the same?

Mine has never done this. That doesn’t sound right, like its not seated correctly.
The button rocks around a lot which makes switching it a bit inconsistent but not what you are describing.
Edit: just testing this again and the button will trigger with a very light touch but in a very controlled way.

The “Chg” setting in the FUNC+PAGE menu sets this; for some reason it defaults to 16 and doesn’t change with the pattern length.

2 Likes

I got my Model:Cycles three days ago. I must say I’m not very impressed by the build quality when I compare it to Model:Samples. I noticed that my M:C is not even made in Sweden. Maybe they were overwhelmed by the demand and had to increase production very quickly … But don’t get me wrong – M:C is still a great device.

Yessss! Thanks for this :+1:

Where was it made? Mine was made in Sweden.

Designed in Sweden. Made in Estonia.
(I have nothing against Estonians.)

1 Like

I didn’t presume so :wink: I just assumed all of their machines were made in Sweden.

Mine still has a bit of an issue with “negative edge” (an additional input on release) triggering when in step edit mode… always a surprise when you hold a step to add some parameter locks and when you let go it vanishes. I think it is going away with breaking in or maybe I have become more careful with how I release a step. Anyone else run into this much?

Yes, absolutely ! For me it happens quite a lot (about 2% on all trig interactions). The problem is so annoying, that I had to learn to copy each trig everytime, BEFORE I let go of it in order to not loose the settigs associated with the trig (which can take a long time to dial in again).

Hi!

Just got my M:C and am thoroughly enjoying it. I had a couple of questions. First, is there a way to erase the sequencer data from a track without erasing the sound? hitting Track/Func/Clear erases the “Sound” from the track but not the sequence of the track. I’d actually like to be able to do the opposite so when i’m jamming and I like the sound i can just erase the sequence and start over. Also is there a way to see what presets were used on particular tracks in the proloaded patterns? Can’t figure out a way to do that either. Thanks!

To clear the sequence of a track, go into record mode an hit func+clear.

1 Like