Model Cycles - purely as a drum machine?

i’ve been using the cycles for mainly drums with a microfreak for polyphony and circuit mono station for bass. the kick drum is definitely my favorite engine. it just cuts through the mix so punchy (goodbye using samples for the time being). there’s so much tweaking to do because of the knob-per-function-ability it has, and that especially shines while playing it live into daws or in front of a crowd! hope you enjoy your new machine!

2 Likes

circuit mono is lovely I miss mine

2 Likes

Kick and tone are great- the rest of the machines are so so, depending on your taste

3 Likes

since thinking about all this i dug out my old 606 and marvelled at the swing and hats draped across my tracks, plus i delved deeper into my digitakt sound packs that the last owner had and its got everything i ever need in there and more…so i suppose the lesson is don’t buy anything else…but now i am looking forward to the chord machine on cycles…ho hum…onwards…

1 Like

nice

1 Like

Just 3 minutes of tweaking and then recording straight into the sound card, without any extra processing.

1 Like

looking forward to a bit of ‘cycling’ myself :crazy_face:

EDIT: the cycles arrived and had two or three lap jams with it all ending in sudden power downs, checked the forum, this is a well known issue, asked eBay for a refund, did some digging in the meantime and voila there is another power socket on the side?? which doesn’t fail when I use my volts with a power bank - now do I get the refund or continue as is??