Model:Cycles OS 1.13: bug reports

Model:Cycles firmware 1.13 was released.

Here is the manual.

You may discuss here

You encountered something weird in this new machine and want to verify if others can replicate it?
Here is the place.

Doesn’t replace a support ticket, of course, but you might want to check if it’s not a feature before declaring a bug :wink:

Please report all bugs via the Support Tickets section on elektron.se if they have not already been confirmed below.

3 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: OS Upgrade: Model:Samples & Model:Cycles 1.13

If I change e.g. from bank B to bank A and load a pattern, the Cycles sometimes seems to load a pattern from bank B even though I should be in bank A. This only started happening once I upgraded to OS 1.13.

No idea how I did it, but I switched pattern, did a reload on a pattern and managed created a -54 pitch bend on a patch. This is outside the limits of the engine, I’ve been unable to cause this again!

But honestly, I’d love if they extend the pitch range to allow this, I believe some “supersonics/ultrasonics” (dunno if this is the right term) become audible when pitch is lowered on a super complex, harmonically rich FM patch. You can do this by tuning the keyboard down or lowering note pitch on a step basis, but doing it right from the pitch knob would be nice.

3 Likes

Cool! That tuning fork should be broken. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not sure whether this is a bug or not:

When punch is activated it isn’t possible to turn it off on a per step basis by using parameter locks. This is quite annoying sometimes, e.g. when I want to have punch turned off on only a few steps… in this case I have to go the opposite route of turning it off first and then parameter locking it to every step, except those very few, where I don’t want it

You mean, Punch can be plocked ON when default to OFF, but not the opposite?
On OS 1.13?

Exactly, that’s what I mean

OK, I reproduce this behavior, that smells a lot like a bug.
Same for the ENV right bellow btw.
Have you contacted Elektron support already? Please do: there are chances this annoying bug is squashed in next release, I’d say :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for confirming! :slight_smile: I just reported it!

1 Like

I’ve also experienced this bug on the M:C, it’s not a huge hindrance as I usually just p-lock the PUNCH where I want it and leave it off otherwise (like doing control all PUNCH fills hehe), but i’m glad to see it’s been reported anyways

Preset don’t always seem to be in alphabetic order. Maybe nobody promised they would be but I kind of expect it. Screenshot shows transfer, but I suspect an M:C firmware bug as the ordering is exactly the same on the M:C itself. M:C firmware 1.13 (per title of thread) and Transfer is 1.5.0.14. M:C has been restarted since renaming activity, transfer view has been refreshed.

EDIT: at times I use varied methods to update presets and name, e.g. copy from computer, save new preset on M:C, rename via transfer, rename on M:C. Maybe one of those routes does not trigger a directory/folder sort or something (guessing wildly here).