Model:Cycles : Locating/copying original track sound

Anyone know how to review and also paste which sound you are using on a track? I want to add the same sound to another patter but i forgot what it was called and ive tweaked it beyond easy recognition.

Please people, avoid adding noise, just flag when adequate.

Now to answer to OP’s question: hold the track number button, then Rec (Copy): it should copy the sound you’re using there. Now go to the other Pattern, hold your track number button and press Play/ (Paste).

2 Likes

Once a sound is in the kit it appears to lose access to its name (that’s not to say there’s not a hidden shortcut to find it, e.g. on the analogs it’s not hidden, you hold down the track button and it’ll show you the last loaded sound name - although it won’t guarantee that a sound of the same name was the source

Anyway - there is name info stored in the kit but it’s not revealed afaict, nor is there an obvious shortcut to establish it unlike on other boxes where you have a clue to work with

a sound in a kit is divorced from its origins in terms of tracking back

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification! This sounds like it will definitely help. I wonder if this has been a feature request or not.

1 Like