Model:Cycles only music

Hey guys!
Lots of good music has happened since the last time I posted. Hope everyone is doing okay.
I’d like to share with you a new Model:Cycles song.

10 Likes

Nice one!

1 Like

Yesterday I tried to pair Model:Cycles with stereo reverb and delay pedals. Results were pretty amazing. Much wider sound. And then Hyve synth came in and we made some chill ambient like music :slight_smile:

Still not 100% satisfied about this recording, it takes some time to get the sounds right into the mix, so still plenty of work to do.
However I really like the sonic capabilities of this machine.

10 Likes

Hi guys!
Had a blast jamming on the Cycles this afternoon. Not quite there with live tweaking, some mistakes were made. But I really enjoy trying out the stuff I read in the tips and tricks section.
Thanks for sharing those!

11 Likes

here is my live set from the Model Cycles launch party at elektron studios berlin, entirely done on model cycles + H9.

my patreon subscribers will get the sysex for this btw :slight_smile:

10 Likes
5 Likes

Cool swell sound!

1 Like

Just the M:C, recorded live, no external processing.

23 Likes

Man this is so close to being perfect.
Two compositional things dont suit my tastes, but otherwise, this is mint. Sounds really good. Doesnt sound like model:cycles at all.
Excellent.

1 Like

Thanks man, I’m pretty fucking happy with it.

Not bad for a little toy.

I’ve found it’s at it’s best when it doesn’t sound like itself.

3 Likes

Yep. Maybe I shoulda kept mine a bit longer and dug a little deeper. I really hated the feel of it though, and my aging eyes couldnt deal with the tiny screen.

Anyway. You’ve uncovered something. Keep doing it.

1 Like

You should get another, I can smell the regret all over you.
Stop punishing yourself and rejoin the club.

3 Likes

Yep, it’s when it sounds like nothing in this thread it is at it’s best! And you did it :ok_hand:

1 Like

That’s great. I didn’t find all these great tracks on youtube directly. (Mostly review stuff from the usual suspects). Thanks y’all! :slight_smile:

Awesome. I’m having good fun with just my M:C running through H9, Space and AH. Tons of sonic landscapes to explore.

What’s the recipe for the acid bassline in Genos at 15:30? If I can get a good acid bassline out of it I might ditch my Circuit Monostation altogether :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! I don’t remember the recipe now but the sysex is up on my Patreon for those who want to pick it apart

I did, didn’t I

1 Like

My track on this release is recorded straight from the m:c. It was sequenced by the norns arcologies script, so may not qualify as cycles only. It was fun to use as a sound module.

4 Likes