Model Cycles Not Booting - Boot screen freezes displaying 1.12 with a B in the left corner

Model Cycles Not Booting - Boot screen freezes displaying 1.12 with a B in the left corner.

Tried the usual startup menu fixes and had no joy.

Also tried the PSU from samples still no joy.

Any ideas peeps?

If it is like other Elektron boxes, there’s a power on test mode. I can’t find that procedure though after a brief skim of the manual but perhaps doing a factory reset might help:

1. STARTUP MENU
    To access this menu, hold down the [FUNC] key while powering up the Model:Cycles. From here you can perform a variety of tasks. To choose the different alternatives, press the corresponding [TRIG] key.
    13.1 EXIT
    Press the [TRIG 1] key to exit the STARTUP menu. 13.2 EMPTY RESET
    To perform this operation, press the [TRIG 2] key. All patterns will be erased. The data on the +Drive re- mains intact.
    13.3 FACTORY RESET
    When performing a factory reset on the Model:Cycles, it overwrites and re-initializes the active RAM project (including all pattern and global data). The +Drive project in slot 1 is overwritten and re-initialized with facto- ry preset patterns and settings.
    If you wish to keep the active project, remember to save it to a +Drive project slot higher than 1 before you perform a factory reset. To perform a factory reset, press the [TRIG 3] key.
1 Like

I had the same and had to sent it back.

hi there,
i am experiencing the same problem. did anyone find a solution for this?
i just got my model:cycles one week ago, and it would suck big time to have to send it back :confused:
thanks!

I had the same problem and ended up resolving it. I plugged the model:cycles into a computer and was about to update it when I turned it on and off and it resolved went back to normal.

I’m pretty sure that what happens is when you turn of the model:cycles with a midi cord connected, unplug the midi cord and turn it back on it will start up looking for a midi cord that doesn’t exist.

In short the solution would be to start it up again with the midi cord reconnected.

1 Like