Model: Cycles for textures instead of beats?

Do you have another machine that can send Midi CC? The DT is a prime candidate. How about setting 8 midi channels on the DT to the same channel on the Cycles? If that’s not enough I dunno what is! I’ve started using the DT LFO on things like my Korg Monologue because the on board LFO is free running and if you want tight syncopated sound changes that work rhythmically then you can totally get there with this type of combo.

Faaaackkkk I gotta split from the forums for a day. Too many ideas. Neurobass on the Monologue? Doable!!!

One thing I was messing with last night was setting an attack lfo and then plocking different lfo’s once the attack phase was complete. Obviously not the same as having dedicated attack and lfo’s but I got some nice sounds from it. Nice that you can plock different destinations per step.

2 Likes

That I know, but is not the same 6 tracks with 1 lfo each than 1 track with 6 lfos…

2 tone machines modulated by 3 LFOs each could give two quite good drones, each with its own output for external mixing…

Not other machines with LFOs, Maybe I can send a couple from the modular to the M:C via Disting mk4. I also found there are some midi boxes that have midi lfos, like midipal

Thanks! That is something I will try…

1 Like

Here is an example of this little demon, making something that aren’t beats :wink:

With some clever programming and sound shaping it can do whatever you want l, actually. Also its effects are pretty neat too!

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cpw-9jsDg8t/?igshid=NzZhOTFlYzFmZQ==