Model:Cycles Feature Requests Thread

Another colour-way. Goddammit Elektron, grey is pig ugly, stop making grey machines.

4 Likes

Someone commented on one of my videos with the suggestion that retrig on the chord machine could split the notes out and make it into an arp. I thought this was a great idea! Would make it even more like nanoloop :metal:

31 Likes

Second LFO, better hi-hats. :rofl:

6 Likes

it was cool if Elektron guys made a utility or software where you could create your own machine based on the engine.

16 Likes

Model machines would be a lot of fun

At least one polyphonic midi track( 4 notes would be enough), to sequence my volca drum with it…

8 Likes

This is why the only way I give up my DT is if you pry it from my cold dead hands. 8 midi out. 6 for Volca Drum (modulate damn near anything for each voice) + 2. 1 for my Monologue 1 for DN

I agree with the machine swap request though. Open documentation for user created machines the Arturia Microfreak has 12. How about a granular formant machine… How mad would that be?!

4 Likes

request 1: track grouping (any track triggered in a track group triggers all other tracks in that group). useful for triggering layered sounds via MIDI and also convenient when triggering them via the internal sequencer (the Machinedrum had this, too). could be done by holding down track buttons, then pressing another button to group/ungroup them.

request 2: “ext” knob mode. send knob CCs out but decouple them from the sound engine. useful for modulating the CCs with external gear before sending them back to the synth (e.g. MIDI LFOs that modulate relative to the current knob value).

request 3: select sound presets via MIDI (either via a new CC or as an alternative prgchg mode, whatever is easier to implement)

2 Likes

Is the maximum Delay FX still 16 steps like the Samples? If so how about 32 steps (or 49 lol).

Digitakt is in my wish list, midi capability makes it even more interesting

3 Likes

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Here it is.

2 Likes

Sounds really good.

I still think they should have made these FPGA and just offered the model base as a one time purchase and then sold the model samples and or cycles as upgrades for $150 a pop or something. The interface is almost the same if not identical. They could have sold overlays then with the software upgrades. Less landfill. More sales. Probably not feasible for some technical reason that I don’t understand though.

Edit: woops wrong thread. sorry.

More machines, and more, and more.
Make it wild!

6 Likes

cow bell machine :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

CTRL ALL grouping.

Pressing func + track + track number mutes that specific track from being affected by CTRL ALL.

Good for when you want to keep the beat going but want to mess everything else up…

14 Likes

More stock in the shops. :smiley: (is that a feature?)

2 Likes

I did think about this. I think it’s a great idea, but there’s probably some technical reason why it wouldn’t be viable. It’d be difficult to make it so the different OS types weren’t able to be distributed, although firmware upgrades like Zaquencer get around it by using unique device IDs etc.

I haven’t tried loading the M:C OS on the M:S; I don’t really want/need to, but I’m sure they’ve protected against that anyway.

1 Like

LFO TRIG option.

I know the ENV setting is supposed to be a one shot lfo. But one thing I am trying to do is to finger drum and have one of the tracks be a chord track. I want that chord track to pick a new chord every trig
So this means an LFO on Color, but if I use a random wave then it will cycle through the color parameters randomly, I want it to pick a value and hold it.

So ideally I’d want a trig hold option on a random wave, so that it picks a new random chord every trig and holds that value…

1 Like

Clear all unused locks.

It’s easier to audition preset locks whilst the sequence is running but this adds each to the pool which can fill up quickly.

2 Likes

I’d like a faster way to save the current project. That’s a lot of menu and button smashing for a simple security action :slight_smile:

9 Likes