Model:Cycles Feature Requests Thread

My last post was intended for Pselodux.

I want this feature too. It’s a great expression tool.

Different lfo shapes as envelops, like the already existing triangle and sine ones, just one cycle.

It would be nice if ctrl-all would go “above” or “below” max values to retain offsets…

For example…

Kick track vol = 80
Hat track vol = 30

If I ctrl all on volume, and go down, as long as hat doesn’t go below 0, when I ctrl back up, the two tracks will retain the volume “gap”

But, if I go so low they both go to zero, then go back up, they will now be at the same volume.

So now it seems the m:c will “pin” values at the extremes, but it would be nice if during ctrl all it kept track of values outside the range extremes so if you go back in the other direction relative distances are retained.

6 Likes

The Cycles currently “slides” all MIDI CC parameter modulation (~30ms interpolation / smoothing time).

While this is useful for basslines (which otherwise require LFO trickery with the synth’s onboard sequencer), for percussion sounds this is usually not a desired feature.

Could you please add a (global?) setting for turning the CC interpolation off ?

(the usecase here are drum-pad controllers that send positional info that is mapped to CCs. Sounds glitched with the implicite smoothing, even when the CCs are sent before the note-ons !)

3 Likes

If you record those in the sequencer they will loose the “slides”, maybe not what you are asking but could be a workaround.

I wish just the opossite, p-locks to slide…:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Allow the Engine type to be an LFO / Vel Dest! You can already do this by editing the sysex, so it’s a UI restriction.

5 Likes

I have been having lots of fun playing two M:C voices from Circuit monostation pads. Using it this way allows me to have those two parts in different mixer channels for further treatment , fx and such.

I would love to see:

• Midi round robin; as a machine or whatever. Let’s say you chose three voice polyphony , then you would use three tracks for that (first midi note to T1, second to T2 and third to T3). Same preset on each track with “control all” as default for those tracks (you change something it affects those 3 tracks). We could use 2 parts with 3 note polyphony or one part with 6 note polyphony

• Similar to this but when using just two monophonic voices I would like to use lfos from unused parts with the voice in use. Make it a machine too if necessary. Maybe 2 voices with 3 lfos each

I think it would put M:C into studio synth category rather than groovebox

I would be very happy using T1-T3 as a 3 note polyphonic synth via L out and a 3 LFO monophonic synth via R out.

I do not think any of this should be heavy on the DSP, but I do not know if would need too much code reprogramming, maybe easier to implement the round robin bit…

2 Likes

View trig/step progressing during pattern select.

It would be helpful to prevent miscounts. No real downside especially if blink rate/level was obviously different than the current pattern blink rate/level.

is it possible on AR by editing sysex?

It would be fun if we could set retrig rate as a velocity destination for increasing the speed of the retrig by pressure.

I don’t get the abbreviation “PAW” for Punch. Isn’t that an error? I thought it was Pan Width at first.

2 Likes

+1 :pray:

1 Like

“10.1.2 PARAMETER REVERT FUNCTION
…This function has a time-out function, meaning that, after you adjusted the parameter, you have roughly three seconds to perform the revert operation before the change is permanent.”

Why? I see no benefit from this. If I want to keep the Ctrl-All change I can always let go of TRACK. This function is a PITA since I have to remove my hands to do the Pattern recall key combo every time the Ctrl-All is applied because of this time out.

Please permanently remove this time out function or at least give us the option to extend it.
There’s no such function on the Digitone so please make the Ctrl-all feature consistent between devices.

4 Likes

I find it useful to revert a destructive change to one parameter for one track, but sometimes I find myself pressing back in order to try to get back to the main screen, which then reverts whatever change I just made.

4 Likes

Totally agree with it!

1 Like

Yea, the time-out thing just seems like a weird thing to have there…

1 Like

My main frustration is how wonky pattern changes can be even all by itself. I tried having it be master clock to my OT and eurorack and that’s very messed up when changing patterns

Easy feature request:

Default retrig length should be 1/16 (instead of 1/4). This is the length of one step (or one trig) and makes it much faster to program ratchets and triplets.

6 Likes

Easy feature request for the TONE machine.

When holding FUNC and adjusting COLOR, the incremented values should be integer powers of 2. IE, it should snap to [0.125, 0.250, 0.5, 1, 2, 4, 8]. These are octave ratios, and would be much more useful than whatever useless increments it currently does. (No offense, I :hearts: you)

Also, the CONTOUR parameter should be inverted. Currently, lower values make a slower modulation envelope, and higher values make a snappier envelope. It should be inverted so it behaves more like the DECAY parameter. This is more intuitive. Coincidentally, CONTOUR sits directly below from DECAY, so that’s nice.

Expanding on that, perhaps CONTOUR should also behave like the LFO SPEED parameter, with positive values making a positive envelope, and negative values making a negative modulation envelope. Easy way to implement pseudo-attack.

A REALLY EASY, REALLY GOOD WAY TO IMPLEMENT ATTACK

Decay should act like the LFO SPEED parameter on the TONE and CHORD machines only. IE, positive values create normal, falling decay of volume. Negative values create a rising volume.

Perhaps the decay parameter should do this for perc machines too, but maybe not, since having more control over DECAY is more essential. Maybe you could offset the inversion value. IE, value 63 is usually the center, but make it like, 8 or 16 instead for perc machines. Great way to have reverse hits, without sacrificing much decay control.

I always thought the DECAY knob should also be an ATTACK parameter, accessed with the FUNC button. But I think this would be an easier way to code attack functionality.

EDIT:
I’m thinking more about this. Combined with the NUDGE parameter, you could achieve some pseudo-envelopes with this. This might be at the top of my wish list. So easy to do and so versatile.

2 Likes

For envelope additions maybe the gate button could be employed to offer different A/D profiles?

2 Likes