Model:Cycles and a guitar

During the last weeks I played and recorded a lot with the M:C. :radio:

In between I stumbled upon an article about >open tuning for guitar< . Being no guitar player at all but having an electric guitar, I started to experiment, tuning the guitar and playing along, recording all the time and creating samples out of the resulting sounds (processing these with ableton fx and valhalla supermassive). :guitar:
For the intro and outro I added some sounds with abletons wavetable synth, but mainly it`s just the guitar and model cycles.

The video may be a bit sappy or soppy or even bromidic; :quirky: I just used some video clips I captured in the past, showing images of the sea. In these strange times as a citizen of a landlocked country I wish to see the sea again! :nyan:

[adding a setup pic]

2 Likes

Cool track, really like how organic it sounds despite the heavy use of synth. A lot of '00s chill pop like All Saints hits that similar spot for me. Make more!

1 Like

its nice but there is a delayed sweepy background sound that comes in around 16 seconds which I personally found distracting and it stayed throughout.

1 Like

Funny that you mention All Saints :ecstatic: Can`t deny that I am influenced by „the beach“ soundtrack, but this especially would be more like one of my contributions to ->this<- thread :troll:

Thanks for your input and helping me reflect on what I am doing! :content:

Thanks for your comment :okej:
Its interesting that you refer to exactly this sound. Thats one of the guitar samples, the lowest note of the track played on the lowest string. I struggled with this sound, on the one side i like it`s kind of grounding on the other side it was hard to position it in the mix. Maybe it would have been better to silence it more often (it fades away sometimes at least) or even better to introduce a different bassline. I am still not quite sure about this one :cheeky:

Very sweet. Coming from a guitar player background, it’s been more than a year going into samplers/sequencers and I still haven’t managed to merge the two worlds together… So difficult

1 Like

:totes:
After a while of experimenting with synth sounds - especially fm-synthesis, which can be harsh sometimes - the tone of a guitar can be soothing and provides for a change.