Modding OT with internal battery

You could most likely plug your OT power supply into the 110V AC outlet without problems.

For using just a power cable (directly, without the OT power supply) I don’t know for sure, but it looks like the OT mk2 would be compatible with the 12V DC port. I don’t think that’s the case with the OT mk1.

I know it’s not very useful for someone to answer without knowing for sure, but I thought I would point out that the Octatrack mk1 and mk2 don’t have the same power requirements. The mk2 is 12V DC 2A and the mk1 is 6V DC 3A. Hope that’s helpful.

1 Like

thank you! i have a mk2 luckily so hopefully the 12v dc port will work, i’ll update here if it does for a future search

1 Like

Yeah it says the 12V DC output can deliver up to 10 amps, the OT mk2 draws around 2. It looks like it should work, but never tried it myself.

can confirm using it with the octatrack and dc-dc cable at 12v works perfectly and gives lots of hours usage

Couldn’t you use the rack holes instead?

That came up in the following few posts and my take was that the concept is the same, you’d just build the clip to mount to the rack holes instead of vesa.

1 Like

I just use the AC adapter when using it with my Elektron machines, but I’m sure there would be suitable adapter sizes you can order that wiuld accimplish this. I dont know the details though.