Skulpt from Modal Electronics

Yeah I quite like that it has it’s own lid, instead of paying 50 sheets to combat dust :smile:

4 Likes

I can’t like twice so yeah, pun-tastic!

1 Like

Can all the controls be accessed in the hardware itself. In the demo it looks like the software part is far more comprehensive that the hardware interface would allow for.

The thing that has turned me off of the circuit and the uno is that control through software/external controller is needed to access a number of the parameters.

Not watched the vid yet :smile:

Plenty of control from the unit itself !!!

Price point: less than $300
Delivery time: before x-mas

“Absolutely” “Absolutely” “Absolutely” “Absolutely” “Absolutely” “Absolutely” “Absolutely”

Sounds quite nice to me in that video. Just find 4 voice to be really odd in a DSP machine.

Would make a nice pal for the OT though

1 Like

#Absolutely

1 Like

I recently realised at work that I say “absolutely” all the fricking time. That and “let’s take that offline”. Such a wanky thing to say!

4 Likes

Kind of gliding away from this but if they do a drum version I’ll be on it like a 1 shot :+1:t3:

I hear you my friend. We all have our verbal “loops”.

2 Likes

:+1:

Cool design but doesn’t sound great IMO.

The keyboard looks responsive in the video, for what it is. It could have been really terrible and it’s not. Also as Nick points out having the DIN Midi connections is a big thumbs up.

The sound also exceeded my expectations. They based the code in the Craft Synth stuff.

Seems like the interface is pretty complete, and you could pick it up fairly quickly, given there is no screen, or feedback beyond the LEDs. It is portable, though you need an amp and speakers. Add FXs would make this sound pretty good.

Plus you can use it as a controller – again a very portable option for this box. Seems like a good deal at the price, if it matches your needs.

1 Like

I do like it, looks fun for sure, and you are right, the I/o is spot on.
For the proposed price it will be a laugh and pretty portable too, I’m sure this is step 1 on the hardware release sequencer!

Can see it becoming the underestimated secret weapon…

2 Likes

At first I thought this was kind toy-like, but the features are really spot on. Some things I noticed:

• I think it has a metal lid, judging from the clank on the desk when it was removed. Nice.
  • “Under $300” - Even at exactly 300 dollars, this seems like a screaming deal
  • I’d buy it just for the “John Carpenter” sound it made around the 15:15 mark of the video.

I’m looking forward to more demos (send one to knobs!) and at this stage, I’ll throw it on the Christmas list and see if the wife picks one up for me.

2 Likes

Yeah a bit odd but I think if your going for high quality that is about where the money gets you with 300$ …the roland stuff all comes in at 4 voice and near that price point.

I’m a bit disappointed that my prediction that 8osc per voice just meant superwave forms. Still hard to complain with the price it is.

What are superwave forms?

Detuned unison

1 Like