Mnm pattern copy not working

For starters, i have a 16 step pattern. I want to make it a 32 step pattern, the 16 step pattern being repeated. I hit [funct] [scale setup] and i successfully make open up a 32 step sequence. HOWEVER, this is where my problem begins. Every tutorial ive watched, manual ive read, it says that when i do extend from a 16 step to 32 step, 48, or 64, it should AUTOMATICALLY copy my 16 step pattern over to the new steps (17-32, 33-48, 49-60). When i do this, with the correct procedure, as i see people do it on video , it does NOT automatically copy my pattern to the new steps. from my research no one else seems to have this problem. after my 16 step pattern is made, the next steps i open up (ex: 17-32) are just blank with no notes on them. i try to manually copy the pattern ([funct] [REC(light off)] and i cannot select which step bank (ex: 17-32, 33-48, 49-64) to paste them in, and pasting when i pause the track in the desired step bank (ex: 17-32) that i want to paste in, doesnt work. Only way ive worked around this problem is copying/pasting one note at a time between step banks, which seems to work. however, this is not efficient and cannot suffice. maybe i pressed a button that makes these features not work cuz i had luck once with it a while back. help would be appreciated.

1 Like

Do test? Maybe battery is running low?

what do you mean test? sorry im a new user, and am borrowing a friends old monomachine. ive turned it on and off lots of times

Im dumb. If the batter is low you geta prompt.

In case needed, run test, hold FUNC while you turn it on. The rest below…

I would imagine, if you have stuff you want to save, youd have to sysex dump, then change the. Battery.

Manual, get it.

Try this: Delete everything first so you are certain you are starting from scratch. Clear the pattern (Func+Play), clear the kit in the Kit Menu.

Then create a one-bar pattern with a newly made kit.

Then extend this pattern to two bars like you have been doing, and see if you still experience the problem.

5 Likes

hey this ended up working. my friend who is pretty experienced with this machine has filled it with kits and songs. Can you explain maybe why a certain kit of his i loaded wouldnt allow this auto copy/pattern feature to work? i dont want to hit this roadblock again and have to clear everything.

thanks!

It’s not the kit that does it. I’m not 100% sure, but from my experience, if the pattern is either not already empty, or if you’ve already increased the length of it, then decreased it again to 16, it doesn’t work.

Remember though, if it doesn’t work, you can always press SCALE SETUP+REC to copy the current page, as shown in the manual:

1 Like

ahhhhh the OL’ manual. who-da thunk! :+1:t5:

1 Like

yeah thanks for the help however it doesnt explain why the auto copy feature doesnt work. again thanks though i have been reading the manual and i will continue to

Auto copy?

FUNC+REC not in rec mode or grid mode.
If your steps are INF and its running you cant switch patterns to paste until you stop then change pattern

Maybe the tap needs to be more firm.
Does the prompt come up saying ‘pattern copied’?

Read read read.

Auto-copy = elongation?

…when you have a 16 steps (one page) patter and you change it to 32, 48 or 64 steps the first page is copied to other pages automatically?

You mentioned that there were already songs and kits on the machine. Did you start with an empty pattern or did you clear one to make your new pattern? If you cleared it, how did you do that? Manually, or using FUNC+PLAY when not in step record mode?

If you had a pattern already and you manually cleared it by just clearing the trigs, and setting the pattern back to 16 steps, it probably doesn’t count as a clear pattern. As I said, I’m not 100% sure, since I don’t know the details about how you’re working, but it could be something like that…

EDIT: oh! One thing I did think about, is that it only copies the page if you change the length by hitting the SCALE SETUP button while in the page length mode, not by any other way.

Oh ya.

Its weird tho…

Ive noticed sometimes it is and sometimes it isnt depending on the box. Perhaps what mode yer in?

I like it and i hate it. Havent kept track of why, which or when it happens. But who fladutching :blossom: :blossom: :blossom:cares.

1 Like

@ phaelam yes as i said i do all the correct procedures it doesnt work, i get the “patterned copied” prompt and everything. i read the manual and watched 3 different people (including elektrons official tutorial video) do it, exactly how i did, and it didnt work. however when i cleared everything, it works?

1 Like

[Castor] yes thats what im referring to. basically a kit/song i opened that had all tracks with patterns on them, did not have this feature working.

thanks for all the tips guys.

my main question ive deduced from here is as follows:

If i have multiple tracks (different synths) with patterns on them, and some are 64 step while others 16 step, or 32 step, would this cause my problem of the auto copy/elongation not functioning? I noticed some issues trying to scale the steps of one track when the others had a different length. scaling should be just per/selected track right?

at this point i think the thread is closed: i think ive got the info to get by for now thank you all :slight_smile:

Ya weird. Old project? Ive had issues with updating, then a pattern i made on an older version of the OS behaves weird.

Im kinda considering it all a write off until the final, stable release of OB and supporting OSs are done.

No, the Monomachine doesn’t support different scale/length per track. The setting affects the whole pattern.

1 Like