MNM freeze

Recently had a problem with my MNM freezing, ultimately turned out to be a bad power supply.

Any update on your situation? I am experiencing the same problem with a freezing Monomachine. I also notice the machine is nearly always instant to freeze when I insert/remove cords from the headphone and output jacks. It seems like I could be experiencing this oxidation issue you mentioned, but I’m worried about bricking the synth if I do a DIY spray job.[/quote]
Sent it into Elektron some weeks ago. They said they are replacing the internal power supply.
I’ll update when I receive it back.

1 Like

I decided to open up my Monomachine since it’s out of warranty to see if it was a ribbon issue. After readjusting them, my unit has stopped freezing. I’ve let it play for the past few hours and all seems to be good. Hopefully this remedied the problem however only time will tell.

I hope your machine is as good as new after professional service, AdamJay. It would be great if you could still provide an update, especially regarding costs, if out of warranty.

1 Like

Had the same problem as OP.
As per support suggestion, I disassembled the unit and reseated the connectors and so far (1 hour of use) it appears to have resolved the issue.

P.S. I am terrible at Electrical/mechanical stuff but it was not that difficult.

Thanks

1 Like

Omg I got the same issue now! Exactly the same! What do I do??

Open a support ticket with Elektron via their website and they will guide you through the process.

1 Like