MKII as a DJ Mixer DIR method not working

I can’t get the MKII to act as a mixer using the instructions below from the manual. No matter what I do, both signals are playing through the main outputs even when I move the crossfader from left to right. Can someone look at the instructions below and help me out here.

16.4.1 DJ MIXING USING THE DIR METHOD
1.Connect the first DJ deck to Octatrack MKII input pair AB. Connect the second DJ deck to input pair CD.
2. Assign a Scene to Scene A by pressing [SCENE A] + a [TRIG] key. Assign a Scene to Scene B by
pressing [SCENE B] + a [TRIG] key. We assume scene 1 was assigned to Scene A and scene 2 to
Scene B.
3. Open the MIXER menu by pressing [MIXER]. Make sure DIR for both AB and CD is set to 127. This will
route the incoming sound to the Octatrack MKII main outputs at full volume.
4. Press and hold [SCENE A]. Note how the DIR parameters change to XDIR. While keeping [SCENE
A] pressed, turn knob B so XDIR AB is set to MAX. Then turn knob E so XDIR CD says MIN. Release
[SCENE A] and press and hold [SCENE B]. Turn knob B so XDIR AB is set to MIN. Then turn knob E
so XDIR CD says MAX. When the crossfader is at its leftmost position only the audio from DJ deck 1
will be routed to the main outputs. When it is at its rightmost position only the audio from DJ deck 2
will be routed to the main outputs. Any other crossfader position will mix the audio from DJ deck 1
and 2.
5. Set the crossfader to its leftmost position and start playing a song on DJ deck 1. The audio will be
heard from the Octatrack MKII main outputs.
6. When it is time to mix in a track from DJ deck 2, first press [CUE] + [REC2] to cue listen to DJ deck 2
using the headphones. Adjust the playback of DJ deck 2 so both decks play in sync.
7. Un-cue DJ deck 2 by pressing [CUE] + [REC2] and move the crossfader to its rightmost position. The
Octatrack MKII will now mix between DJ deck 1 and 2.

upgrade to the latest OS, there was an issue with the Scene Levels, now fixed.

1 Like