Mk2 vs MK1: noise floor improvements?

Hi there,
Like many, I have been interested in using my AH (Mk1 in my case) on my master buss. I particularly like what the Enhancement circuit does on my full tracks. The only issue is that this same circuit adds a LOT of noise to the audio, even when trying to be ever so subtle about gain control and careful about gain staging. I’ve read that the MK2 has some improvements over some of the circuitry and was wondering if a lower noise floor was one of them, in which case an upgrade might be worth it.
What’s your experience/thoughts on the mattter?

Yeah that i want to know aswell. Sold mine because i thought is to noisy then bought the ssl fusion and it was even worse then i realised any drive distortion unit to the master always brings some noise in so it is what it is i guess. I will cut out that noise floor in ozone though.

I got the Mk2, and a friend has a Mk1. I have never done a close comparison, but from the times we have had both in my studio at the same time we have never noticed any differences there.

When using the Heat you need to do those “old school” tricks to manage the noise. Try running it on the master on an older analog mixer. I need to fade in the noise at the start of the tracks as it gets pretty brutal.