MK2 slightly bigger...will PL2 still fit? [yes]

It looks like the MKII is slightly “deeper”… 7.3 in vs 7.0

Will the PL2 still fit or will the cover also get an update?

Probably won’t fit- maybe it will get an update, maybe also the gig bags.

I hope, with their new gig bags they include an extra section for items AH/DT sized. I’d love to have something like that- and a gear bag AH/DT sized by itself might look a little purse-y(not that there’s anything wrong with that-it’s just not my thing)-(I had a similar issue with the OP-1 case)

looking at the top down shots there’s absolutely no discernible reason to assume that the chassis footprint would be or needs to be bigger by just 4mm, I doubt the internals needed it, so i’d say the differences are likely down to the jack protrusions at the rear, although they’re now different parts, they look similarly placed, but it probably accounts for the dimensional variation - I am very confident the original cover will play nicely …

5 Likes

I hope there’s a mistake too.

From Elektron.se
OT MK2 : W340 × D185 × H63 mm
OT MK1 : W340×D181×H63 mm
A4 MK1 : W340×D176×H63 mm
AR MK1 : W340×D176×H63 mm

Considering width and AH/DT, who noticed how they would fit ? :wink:

DT : W215×D176×H63 mm

No answer so 3 DTs = 2 OTs
3x215 = 645
2x340 = 640

1 Like

My guess is that the mkII depth measurement includes the audio jacks

1 Like

I suspect the dimensions include the protruding input/output jack sockets and the actual body dimensions are still the same.

Edit: yes, what panelist and avantronica said. :okej:

2 Likes

Yes but the Mk1 too. Maybe they added the audio jack’s depth again by mistake.

Don’t think it was by mistake.

W340 × D185 × H63 mm (13.4 × 7.3 × 2.5″) including knobs, jacks and rubber feet

1 Like

I emailed Elektron about this just after they announced the MKII. They assured me the PL2 will fit.

6 Likes

Totally sure it will fit, maybe the jacks are longer. Comparing pictures, they seem to be different, but 4mm more compared to Mk1 is surprising.
The headphones jacks seem to be similar.