Mixer Poll: What’s in your studio? In your live set?

Studio: Behringer DDX 32/16 w. 2x ADAT cards. Broken Mackie 32.8

Studio: Model 24. I was nervous buying this because it was so cheap for so much (I got it last year with an extra $100 off), but have been really pleased with it. The recording function is something I don’t use much but is cool to have–I really just wanted something with a ton of inputs that could send individual tracks to my computer for mastering. Onboard fx are so-so, but overall sound quality is very good.

I don’t play out, but for small ad-hoc setups I use this, which is in my mind an amazing little box for what it costs. Inputs can be mono or stereo, so I can run 4 Elektrons or other stereo outputs at once!

1 Like

Allen and Heath GL2400 32 channel analog desk in the studio (it picked me by being sold at a very low price in need of easy repairs). Direct outs jumpered Post fader and eq. Inserts routed normal through a patchbay.

I have it setup off to the side rather than right in front of me. Get a nice static mix using the built in 4 band eq, faders, and then multitrack to fine tune the mix in the computer (add fx) if needed. Also track it for archiving stems which I burn to 2 DVD’s for backup (in addition to hard drive storage).

Mackie 1402vlz4 for travel / performing in the past. I’ll probably trade the Mackie out for something smaller when I start performing again. Maybe an SSL Six or nothing depending on what I’m using. Not sure right now.

2 Likes

as an aside to live mixers: anyone remember the Korg Zero4? that thing was awesome. I played a bunch of sets with that. four tracks routed to each of the channels, each with their own set of effects. it was also a four-channel audio interface. I had live looping built into the stuff I was improvising via software and monome fed into all that. very simple but powerful. I sold it to someone in Sweden (I think) via the old Elektron-Users back in 2010-ish

4 Likes

I remember! Had a friend who had the larger one and I really wanted it at the time.

here’s a forum-appropriate pic of me performing with it in July 2009:

3 Likes

I don’t know how I never saw that. Looks really fun.

I like being restricted to fewer inputs, two stereo fx sends. Recently scored a cheap A&H zed6 to sum fx back to the SSLSiX.

1 Like