Mixer mode

Hi guys,
check this interesting video of the digitakt uses for looping samples in different phase.

at 4.50 mins, he activates the mixer mode, in which all 8 tracks volume can be played with in one screen.
does the rytm have this function? its awesome!

No it doesn’t, whilst it does have only 8 voices it has 12 tracks for those 8 encoders to mix, so it won’t happen

1 Like

darn, I must say it seems like the digitakt has been getting all the new cool features and the rytm is less and less a ‘flagship’ over the digitakt. Or is it just me?

They are different, if I had to pick one elektron to call it a flagship id pick the Octatrack though.

1 Like

yeah. you just set up some performance macros to modulate every track volume with the pads.
it’s actually better/more immediate (imo) as you get 12 tactile pressure controllers at once.

You could also use that performance macro knob on the MK2 I imagine.

fp

I wonder if you could use something like a Faderfox as a MIDI controller for volume…

1 Like

Yes of course, i used UC 33e and it work’s perfect.

What do you use your other knobs aside from the faders for?

You can assign the other knobs to the performance pads. You map for example a delay to the perf. pad and the decrease or increase the value via midicontroller.

It’s really fun and you can create good build ups.

i added 4 knobs and reprogrammed the OS, but it’s an ugly looking mod.

was only offering a pseudo in box alternative.

1 Like