Mission #2: Retro gaming

Yeah, that’s right, I just forgot how to spell the words.

Speaking of a pixelated monk, have you tried the vst called Delay Lama? It’s free and one of my all time favourites.

So, how do I get more elektronauts joining the mission? I mean, 5 elektronauts is great, but should I maybe throw in a price? I guess I could sacrifice the one and only music equipment thing that is not in use. A thing that was given to me during cleaning out a band practice room. Allright, here it goes:

1ST PRICE: A FLANGER PEDAL !!!

It’s a completely normal, non extreme in any ways flanger, made in china and probably very cheap. It looks pretty beat up and it has probably been through many bands and what not, but it is fully functional. I have seen many guitar pedal brands in my life, but nothing like this, I have no idea what brand it is or even if it is a flanger, at least it sounds flanger-ish. My god, what a lame price. If I had anything more interesting not-in-use-equipment to give, I would. If the winner want the price, I will ship it for free. 9V battery included!

We’re all just supposed to have fun in this world right? Kind of synonymous to the meaning of life: Follow your passion.

what about amplitude modulation (AM)? is it allowed?

and the elektron analog stuff doesnt have any LOFI effects like BRR and SRR… so whats up with that?

btw - all 3 voices of the SID use 1 filter… so for example, you cant have 3 different filter envelopes for the 3 different voices… but it can do wavetables at ridiculous speeds

also the SID can load samples at 4bits, like 1khz or something

i think its a mistake to try to build the competition around the SID unless everyone is using one… the original programmers used all kinds of tricks to get around the voice limits

Amp modulation is allowed.
Yes, A4 doesn’t have BRR. What up with that? I don’t know.
Well, I actualy think it’s a good idea limiting a mission to 3 tracks and no effects.
I only wish I made a wavetable audio file to make it easier for sample based machines to rapidly change waveform.
Try not looking at this mission as a competition, but rather educational fun and good times.

are LFOs allowed?
using only 3 tracks and 3 samples on the OT is proving kind of hard :wink:
Although could I chain a couple waves together in one Flex?

Haven’t really made a full track before but I’m hoping this challenge helps me program a full result instead of jamming endlessly.

LFO is allowed.
Locking different waveforms to different steps is also allowed, if that was what you meant by chaining…

Ten days left people.

…just for the fun of it :smiley:

Beautiful.

I made a quick demo of the 1st price mystey pedal.

5 days left people. Don’t get too caught up in overbridge now.
Remember, the single most important thing in your life right now, is this mission.

Ahaha !

Couldn’t get too far with the OT, I was a bit disappointed.
But now I have a brand new AR.
I’ll try to do something, if I have time !
:slight_smile:

It’s a pity I can get something decent in a few minutes with a Volca Sample the day I got it, and nothing satisfying enough with 5 days of playing with the OT.
I don’t blame the Mission rules, it’s just that I can’t seem to construct something I really like from these machines.

Got to practice more I guess.

Time’s up!

Anyone completed the mission?

Ow yeah, just read this thread today… Bummer…

Next time, I’m not going to miss this train!!!

Guess I’ll better keep an eye open for mission #3, not that I’m any good, got the OT for about 2 weeks now, but what better way to learn??

Cheers!

I have no clue what to do without any submissions,
except extend the mission two weeks.

NEW DEADLINE: 29TH OF JUNE 2015

Yes indeed, @mikkel_zen.

It seems such game has not much success in this area…

I am currently having much fun with my brand new AR.
I’ll try to get something that fits out of it.

Five days left.

Come on people.
A simple “three track tune” is what’s requested.
It’s easy.

Ooh, I just saw the deadline was moved. Excellent! I wanted to participate but didn’t have the time for it. I’ll have a go at it tonight and see if I get something going that doesn’t suck . Hmm. Should I use the OT or A4? Both? Decisions, decisions…

I got a track !!

I did’t use any Scene or Performance for this track, cause my hands were used to switch from a pattern to another.
No FX, even the panning has disappeared in the recording process, I am very sad of this.

I am not completely sure about the oscillator thing.
Only 2 tracks were used, 1 being the kick BD1, the 2nd being the snare SD2.
The third track is the noise on the snare.
I think I read somewhere BDHD machines had two oscillators, but I haven’t found where I could deactivate one of them.
Please Holy Pixel Monk tell me it’s OK.
(But I’ll redo it if I have to :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

Anyway, I am very glad I could make it on time.
Rytm is loads of fun, a lot quicker more intuitive than OT, I am very glad I got it.

I’ll extract some sysex thing in the next few days…

Cheers, Missionauts !

I’ll try something over the weekend. Does it need to sound like it’s from a game, or just sound like a chiptune? ie. can I make a techno track?

I think I might have to go crazy with plocks on this one…