Mission #2: Retro gaming

…and here is my contribution:

I was really too exhausted yesterday, couldn’t find the energy to get a 3:00 remix…
Plus I found out that Yosemite + Alesis Multimix 12 FW ≠ :heart:
I can only get mono recordings :frowning:
Wie shade…

So… Are we only two in this game ?
Elektronauts, please, get an entry before out pixel-addicted monk says this is over !!

Yes, more entries needed. There is still time!

Mine is mono as well, Lying Dalai. I assumed the old SID tunes were mono, so in the spirit of the contest I didn’t pan anything.

I didnt think of panning. Nice one.

Time limit not so important, you qualify Lying Dalai.

And to the rest of you elektronauts: There is still time to be a real hero! Just sign up and complete this mission! The entire universe depends on it.

@Abhoth I love your track, there’s a Ratatat feeling to it, funky and all.
Plus you really manage to get the video games spirit, no doubt.

What’s you weapon ?
I know nothing about those 8 bits video games-sounding bleeps, I’ll study your sysex in depth :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(+ thx @mikkel_zen)

Thanks guys, for completing the mission. The universe is eternaly in debt to you.

Time is up and in for the vote. I dont know who can and who cant, but I guess all elektronauts can vote. Anyway, send it to me in a private message. Lets just say I count them in about two days. Vote away!!!

Ah, the sysex. Almost forgot about that. I’ll upload it tonight.

And thanks for the compliments. Not much fancy stuff going on actually. Simple sounds, but with lots of p-locks and trigs all over the place to make it less static. I think it got messy and a bit annoying to listen to, personally, but I didn’t have time for another attempt.

I like yours a lot, btw. Very different from my approach, and an excellent example of how less can often be more.

I had to check out Ratatat, btw. The Elektron boxes should excel at that kind of music. Very inspiring. :slight_smile:

Best is “Classics”.
A name this album deserves.
Glad you liked my sound.
I always feel like a newbie while listening to tracks produced here.
Mine feels always raw, amateurish in comparison.
But I like to think that it’s my sound and no one else’s…
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I also have to drop the sysex, even if I’m not sure it’s very interesting because I mainly choked patterns one against the others :wink:

BTW : I regret that your track doesn’t even last a minute, @Abhoth : I think the sound is reaaaally great, I wish you would push it and throw one idea a pattern until you’re dry ! Then mix all this together…

What’s your weapon meant : what was the toy you used to craft this piece of music ?

I used the Analog Four, Lying Dalai.

I hope I got this right. I haven’t exported an Analog Four project to sysex before and am a bit surprised it got 2+ MB big. Anyways, here it is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ni1ppzctiq339uc/SID3.syx?dl=0

I had trouble to see my AR from the Mac yesterday night, will try again tonight or tomorrow and get the sysex out :slight_smile:

I have to have an A4 !

1000€ @ audiosolutions.fr
Or AK for 1300€ @ audiosolutions.fr ??!?

Damn.
I just got the AR, I wish they did such sales later…
If I give in to my GAS I’ll have the Bad Look from my gf the whole holidays…
:rage:

Spendthrift glory.

Finally got myself a Blofeld to get puppetted by the OT. Loads of fun to come, I’ll dive in the synthesis at least.
And this puts the GAS away, let’s wait for Christmas :wink:

So… what ???
Is this a draw game ?
Maybe Abhoth and I should decide what’s in the next Mission :wink:

I have trouble to extract the sysex thing, I push on “send” on the AR side, “receive” on the C6 side, I actually see that data are incoming, but no file is shown on C6 file list.
Coming soon…

I counted the votes!
Just let me double check, yes, one vote.

I need more votes people.
When I have three (3) votes or more, I will deliver this missions medal of honor.

Dear elektronauts, please vote.

Voted !

I keep my vote secret, as there is so much competition down here.

I finally got it !

Here is the [sysex dump](https://www.dropbox.com/s/r4z4bbt78fmd0eb/Missionaut %232 - Bit3s.syx.zip) if it’s from interest of anyone…
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I can finally anounce that the winner is Abhoth! Congratulations!
With Lying Dalai on a very close 2nd place.

Thanks guys for participating and making this mission possible. Our known universe owes you guys big time.

Now, let’s keep up the spirit and make Abhoth the commander of our next mission.
Send us away Abhoth.

And enjoy your brand old mystey flanger pedal thing as promissed 1st price!

Wow… I had never been so close to win ! :sob:
But @Abhoth your track totally fitted the theme and the rules, when mine did manage to break both of them. So it’s quite fair that you get the fabulous prize !
Congratulations Abhoth, I hope your Mission brief is going to attract more Elektronauts.
(I believe I would have been in trouble to find something relevant)

@mikkel_zen flanger is a very cool effect indeed, I’ll try this with the OT :wink:

Hurray! I have an idea for next mission. Perhaps I should wait until after the holidays, as people might be busy with all sorts of non-music stuff right now?

Or you could set the preparation discussion and launch the Mission not too late, but set the limit to a few months and see how far this could go…
:slight_smile:

wicked!! Love the track! Many thanks for the file, I’ll definitely have a look later :slight_smile:

Great tracks! You really achievied cool retro climate - congrats!

Sorry that I was not involved in this one. I’ve nearly accomplished my own retro tune but my works was postponed due to family enlargement :slight_smile: .

Ok, so let’s see what’s on the next mission :slight_smile: